Tickets

limpid

...I understand that you really want to go, but you can't. I feel sorry that you can't, but this was within your control... 

That misses the point, again,  I think. With so few tickets, there will always be more people who can't go. The line/criteria depends on movable things. Plenty of Arsenal season ticket holders won't be able to go, for example.

The point that the allocations are too low, is an FA thing, and the FA's decisions penalise match day fans at the expense of FA folk and guests etc.

Many fans may have just one chance of ever seeing their team at Wembley in the FA cup final. Then the FA give loads of tickets to the same people every year.

Yes it's been like that for ages. Yes it's wrong. Yes the Fans organisations and individuals complain. and No nothing changes.

Yeah, this was pretty much my point. I know that having only gone to 2 games I'm going to be quite a way done the priority list for Villa, but the fact that for FA's showpiece final only just over 50% of the fans there will be supporters of the clubs in the final (in theory as I dare say some of the "neutral" fans won't be neutral) is ridiculous. As I said, if Villa were given just say 8-10k more tickets, considering not all tickets have yet been sold, I'd have had a much better chance of getting a ticket. At the very least they should have kept the allocation they had for the semi's. Yes it is my fault I haven't been to enough games, but it doesn't stop the FA's allocation of tickets being utterly stupid.

As for complaining to the FA, even Arsenal's CEO complained to the FA about it last year, but they've still done nothing about it and I doubt they ever will.

• Like 1

Think the new criteria is "attended" 6 games home or away this season which is different to booking history? Wonder if games yet to be played don't count?

Interesting ....but I'm sure it will still be done on booking history as otherwise how would the club know which games people had attended

Yes, they'll assume games played so far on booking history are ones you have attended! I'm questioning whether they'll count Burnley/ Southampton - I think the wording may be deliberate, but who knows!

Good luck to those wishing to get one tomorrow.

So basically, unless you are a rich Arsenal fan you're not going.

They can't have 20k season ticket holders in the club section, the away scheme members must be the majority of them

The away subscription scheme obliges them to buy a ticket to every away game. Add that to a £1000 season ticket.

Personally I think the way they've released the tickets is fine. I've bought 15 tickets at 5 different stages and haven't spent longer than 15 min getting them. ST holders seemed to have the better choice and the choice gradually narrowed but even up until yesterday you could get some very good seats. People moaning about what seat they've got need to remember it's the FA Cup final! 3 months ago you'd have bitten someone's hand off to be sat in the worst seat at Wembley for it!

And then other people moan about the criteria. Since the semi we will have played 6 games to the final so even if you only bought those you'd get a final ticket so if you haven't bothered going before or after that game frankly I don't think you deserve one. If you're going to get on the bandwagon do it properly.

• Like 1

Think the new criteria is "attended" 6 games home or away this season which is different to booking history? Wonder if games yet to be played don't count?

Interesting ....but I'm sure it will still be done on booking history as otherwise how would the club know which games people had attended

Yes, they'll assume games played so far on booking history are ones you have attended! I'm questioning whether they'll count Burnley/ Southampton - I think the wording may be deliberate, but who knows!

Good luck to those wishing to get one tomorrow.

The criteria includes games to be played

EE have a competition for 25 pairs of tickets

Really??? My Dad got a phone with them about a month ago, suppose I should pester him to enter :D

And you can enter for every account you have. Me and the wife both have EE phones as well as EE Home broadband so we got 3 entries.

Personally I think the way they've released the tickets is fine. I've bought 15 tickets at 5 different stages and haven't spent longer than 15 min getting them. ST holders seemed to have the better choice and the choice gradually narrowed but even up until yesterday you could get some very good seats. People moaning about what seat they've got need to remember it's the FA Cup final! 3 months ago you'd have bitten someone's hand off to be sat in the worst seat at Wembley for it!

And then other people moan about the criteria. Since the semi we will have played 6 games to the final so even if you only bought those you'd get a final ticket so if you haven't bothered going before or after that game frankly I don't think you deserve one. If you're going to get on the bandwagon do it properly.

Exactly. had only 4 games on my history including the semi final so bought tickets to west ham, burnley, everton and saints. 8 games, final ticket on tuesday, job done

• Like 1

As per the semi final, please do not attempt to buy or sell tickets or client references on this site. You are fine talking about your experiences, but don't try to directly buy or sell in any thread.

Thanks.

This chap from B36 postcode (Castle Bromwich/Smith's Wood) who was trying to sell 2 tickets pm Aston Villa Selling Page (Facebook) for £1000 

Villa got wind of it and have suspended him getting tickets and not refunded his money. So if anyone plans to sell their tickets on the net for stupid prices etc beware...

Here's his reply

11218893_690329027763378_827937860714252

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

This chap from B36 postcode (Castle Bromwich/Smith's Wood) who was trying to sell 2 tickets pm Aston Villa Selling Page (Facebook) for £1000 

Villa got wind of it and have suspended him getting tickets and not refunded his money. So if anyone plans to sell their tickets on the net for stupid prices etc beware...

Here's his reply

11218893_690329027763378_827937860714252

haha_zps2490b572.jpg

Â