Tickets

limpid

Yes of course it's the FA's fault that we have a reduced allocation. Personally, I think every fan who attended the semi final should be able to go to the final.

Having said that I find it baffling that anyone is willing to pay stupid money to a tout for a potentially dodgy ticket when there was the opportunity to purchase 4 more games that would have added to their booking history. West Ham, Everton, Southampton and Burnley cost me a total of £106 and allowed me to be eligible yesterday. Even if someone couldn't actually attend those games but were sitting on a 3 game booking history prior to the criteria being announced they could have booked them to be eligible today. Looking online, it seems there might even be a chance tomorrow for those on 6+.

Would I trust a tout to supply me a genuine ticket for £600? No way, boycott the touts, get the beers in and the BBQ going and put the money to better use.

I considered doing that, but since I live in Newcastle it would have cost me the £100 odd for the tickets plus roughly the same for each 4 hour return train ticket, as well as not realistically being able to get to Southampton and currently having my exam period, the £500 ish it would have cost to do that wouldn't have been worth it for the possibility that the ticketing might fall to  a booking history of 6. The cost of a touted ticket is roughly the same I would have had to pay for the booking history and the Final ticket.

Anyway, not gonna do it, it was late when I made that post and I was tired after an exam, having thought about it with a clear head, it isn't really worth it.

So hang on...

A fan who has been to less games than I have gets a better and greater choice of seat? I was on at 9am sharp yesterday and there was NOTHING left in the lower tier.

I was on at 9am yesterday and there was a lower tier section available!

If it helps, I didn't buy up late season tickets and could have got tickets yesterday on my history but not on my daughter's who I wanted to come with me hence I gambled on waiting for today.

As others have said and in line with the semi, a set number of blocks on all tiers are "opened" every morning so if you get in early then Lower Tier is possible otherwise it sells out until the next day. May have been fairer to open the entire Lower Tier from Day 1 but then they are bloody expensive so people would probably moan at not being able to access the cheaper seats ?

Who cares .... just get there and enjoy something that many Villa fans will not be fortunate enough to see.

Edited by Paul33

So hang on...

A fan who has been to less games than I have gets a better and greater choice of seat? I was on at 9am sharp yesterday and there was NOTHING left in the lower tier.

I was on at 9am yesterday and there was a lower tier section available!

It was amber and would not allow you to select tickets online, you had to call to inquire. Despite my previous posturing regarding the matter I might have gone up to VP, but I live in London and had to run a business at the same time and needed to be able to take calls so assumed, wrongly, that there would be no difference booking online. If I thought there might be I would have made other arrangements. The club have certainly never made us aware that there might be in advance.

As I've already said, I'm over it. I'm going to the fecking FA Cup final with the Villa boys! It doesn't make my point any less valid. This is not the first issue I've had with our ticket office, I've had to fight battles with their incompetence before in order to give them my money. I am 100% sure it won't be the last.

So hang on...

The way they are sold has been disgusting. I'm not sure why they release blocks slowly and don't give you a greater choice. Whether this is Villa's fault or the FAs fault I'm not sure.

All other big sporting events they would give you a map (online) and you just click the ones you want to buy - as long as you're not leaving odd spaces they should be fine. So all blocks should have been opened up on the first day of sale, those at the top of the queue should have been able to buy where they wanted until they were all sold out in that section. By the time it got to 'some booking history' there would have been less choice, and rightly so.

A lot of people have booked a block, but you could be very front of that block or very back, you may have been wise leaving it to be at the front of the next block that was released instead of at the back of the one currently available. Frankly the lack of information and transparency selling these tickets has been disgraceful.

Ultimately I'm happy knowing I'm going, but I've never before been waiting to see where my seats are until they've arrived. I may have decided to get £120 ones if they'd been in a good position but they could have been a seat difference from £70 and that is not a 'risk' I'm willing to take. 

• Like 2

Indeed and I would have been happy to pay £120 to sit in the same seat as I did for the semi final. Now, it may well be that somebody with a lesser booking history has no choice but to pay £120 for a seat when they would have been more than happy with my £70 one.

I'm quite lucky to be able to afford that extra £50, somebody else may not be. No thought was given to the fans here outside of the allocation, at all.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

So because it's always the same I'm not allowed to complain about it? OK.

Stevo was right, my point was that with an extra allocation of 8,500 or so, my booking history of 2 wouldn't be as much of a stumbling block to getting a ticket, they're would have been a chance for me to go, but with the current allocation it's meant that the club can't feasibly give me a chance of one. Of course my current booking history means it's MY fault I can't get a ticket, I understand that, but it doesn't stop the fact that the FA's stupid allocation has given me even less chance of a ticket.

And I used to have a season ticket, but then I went to Uni and moved 200 miles away, and it became kind of inconvenient to go to every game. So I only go to ones I can, i.e. Sunderland and Newcastle, stadiums I can walk to/get the metro to.

Who said you couldn't complain about it? No-one. Feel free to have a rant. And if I reply to what you write, then that's allowed too.

We knew the allocation before we kicked a ball in the competition. If you wanted a ticket, you needed to go to more games. The allocation was the same when the draw was happening for the third round. It hasn't changed. Did you complain at that point? Did you complain when it was the same last year? Or the year before? Would you feel so strongly about this if you did have a season ticket this year? Or of we had more season ticket holders than allocation?

I understand that you really want to go, but you can't. I feel sorry that you can't, but this was within your control and you chose to spend your money on something else. That was your choice, not the FA's. If you want this to be different next time we get to a final, you need to get on the FA's back now and not complain once it's already too late.

Or you can do nothing. Or throw some paint on something.

Got my ticket earlier today through the website (using Mobile data as well that was far below 3G... that was hard work!) which has been surprisingly stable! Whoop!

I think the criteria will be down to 6+ games tomorrow, doesn't look like they're all going to go today. I hope so at least, hoping I can get my mate a ticket and also move my seat so they're at least close to each other.

...I understand that you really want to go, but you can't. I feel sorry that you can't, but this was within your control... 

That misses the point, again,  I think. With so few tickets, there will always be more people who can't go. The line/criteria depends on movable things. Plenty of Arsenal season ticket holders won't be able to go, for example.

The point that the allocations are too low, is an FA thing, and the FA's decisions penalise match day fans at the expense of FA folk and guests etc.

Many fans may have just one chance of ever seeing their team at Wembley in the FA cup final. Then the FA give loads of tickets to the same people every year.

Yes it's been like that for ages. Yes it's wrong. Yes the Fans organisations and individuals complain. and No nothing changes.

• Like 1

...I understand that you really want to go, but you can't. I feel sorry that you can't, but this was within your control... 

That misses the point, again,  I think. With so few tickets, there will always be more people who can't go. The line/criteria depends on movable things. Plenty of Arsenal season ticket holders won't be able to go, for example.

The point that the allocations are too low, is an FA thing, and the FA's decisions penalise match day fans at the expense of FA folk and guests etc.

Many fans may have just one chance of ever seeing their team at Wembley in the FA cup final. Then the FA give loads of tickets to the same people every year.

Yes it's been like that for ages. Yes it's wrong. Yes the Fans organisations and individuals complain. and No nothing changes.

Out of interest and not to change the subject but how are Arsenal deciding allocation? ST holders plus FA Cup games attended? Or away games too? Or years as a ST holder? 

Yeah in theory arsenal will have more ST holders than tickets available for the final, also not sure if they operate a similar ticket system to utd where they have to have CL and cup games, so it'll be away games or years as a ST holder

There's no way of doing it fair with so few tickets available, the only other thing the club could have done is a free for all for say 1k tickets but it would be chaos

Out of interest and not to change the subject but how are Arsenal deciding allocation? ST holders plus FA Cup games attended? Or away games too? Or years as a ST holder? 

From their official site:

The allocation will be based on three basic principles:

1. Members of the Away Scheme (away season ticket subscription) will be guaranteed a ticket, provided they are registered members during the relevant season of the particular FA Cup semi-final or final. 
  2. Platinum and Gold Members who have attended a certain number of away fixtures will be guaranteed a ticket as long as they purchase in their priority period. This will be based on the past two consecutive seasons relevant to the particular FA Cup semi-final or final. 
  3. The majority (percentage to be determined) of tickets will be allocated to the balance of Platinum and Gold Members. Successful applicants will be determined by a random ballot. 

Feel sorry for MessiWillSignForVilla. Don't think Villa could have allocated tickets any more fairly to be honest.

I agree with what Limpid says too but it does come across pretty harsh. Who really checks the FA Cup Final ticket allocation at the start of the season & with our chronic record in the cup recently, there was plenty of us who missed the two early round games. No need to kick a man whilst he's down! [emoji3]

Edited by benireduk

Think the new criteria is "attended" 6 games home or away this season which is different to booking history? Wonder if games yet to be played don't count?

Interesting ....but I'm sure it will still be done on booking history as otherwise how would the club know which games people had attended

Â