Tickets

limpid

Got through on phone at 9:30am and then lost signal ...... got through again at 9:50am and got two tickets in Lower Tier ...... happy as a pig in slop !!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Yes of course it's the FA's fault that we have a reduced allocation. Personally, I think every fan who attended the semi final should be able to go to the final.

Having said that I find it baffling that anyone is willing to pay stupid money to a tout for a potentially dodgy ticket when there was the opportunity to purchase 4 more games that would have added to their booking history. West Ham, Everton, Southampton and Burnley cost me a total of £106 and allowed me to be eligible yesterday. Even if someone couldn't actually attend those games but were sitting on a 3 game booking history prior to the criteria being announced they could have booked them to be eligible today. Looking online, it seems there might even be a chance tomorrow for those on 6+.

Would I trust a tout to supply me a genuine ticket for £600? No way, boycott the touts, get the beers in and the BBQ going and put the money to better use.

Got through on phone at 9:30am and then lost signal ...... got through again at 9:50am and got two tickets in Lower Tier ...... happy as a pig in slop !!!!!!!!

How did you get tickets in the lower tier today? Very annoyed!

• Like 1

How did you get tickets in the lower tier today? Very annoyed!

They've been releasing more seats, looks like some a certain amount of each criteria held back for each day. They were £120 ones along the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal by the looks of it.

Yes of course it's the FA's fault that we have a reduced allocation. Personally, I think every fan who attended the semi final should be able to go to the final.

Having said that I find it baffling that anyone is willing to pay stupid money to a tout for a potentially dodgy ticket when there was the opportunity to purchase 4 more games that would have added to their booking history. West Ham, Everton, Southampton and Burnley cost me a total of £106 and allowed me to be eligible yesterday. Even if someone couldn't actually attend those games but were sitting on a 3 game booking history prior to the criteria being announced they could have booked them to be eligible today. Looking online, it seems there might even be a chance tomorrow for those on 6+.

Would I trust a tout to supply me a genuine ticket for £600? No way, boycott the touts, get the beers in and the BBQ going and put the money to better use.

Saying every one who attended the semi should get a ticket doesn't work. I was on holiday so I gave my ST ref away how would I get a ticket? Even though the allocation is low it's always the same so there's no point moaning about it. Anybody who has attended regularly this season will have had the chance to get a ticket some will have done what you've done by buying the last 4 so basically if you really wanted one there was ways to get one. If I never had one I'd pay through the nose to get one as if we win I'd never forgive myself for not being there! And if you think we have it bad Arsenal have the same allocation and a load more ST holders!!

There does look like more by way of choice today and I would have liked seats in the lower tier/behind the goal. But I have my tickets and am very happy about that.

To have waited another day in the hope of getting slightly better tickets would have been a risk too far to be taken for me.

Good luck to those who are still seeking tickets and I look forward to the coming search for tickets for the Community Shield.  

So hang on...

A fan who has been to less games than I have gets a better and greater choice of seat? I was on at 9am sharp yesterday and there was NOTHING left in the lower tier.  

Was exactly the same for the semi , they release blocks bit by bit 

• Like 1

So hang on...

A fan who has been to less games than I have gets a better and greater choice of seat? I was on at 9am sharp yesterday and there was NOTHING left in the lower tier.  

Is it possible there were some returns, or people swapped their seats to sit with friends? I don't know if this si the case or not? Maybe not by the sounds of it, but I know in 2010, I was on the last criteria when I got my ticket, expecting no choice at all, and ended up getting a choice of 3 different category tickets, because of returns.

So hang on...

I understand that. But they were telling people that the lower tier was sold out. They excluded the entire tier yesterday.

I have no idea why the lower tier is more expensive than the upper tier . They have it the wrong way round IMO . I was on the very back row of 547 for the semi  and it was brilliant !

So hang on...

Is it possible there were some returns, or people swapped their seats to sit with friends? I don't know if this si the case or not? Maybe not by the sounds of it, but I know in 2010, I was on the last criteria when I got my ticket, expecting no choice at all, and ended up getting a choice of 3 different category tickets, because of returns.

Some of the lower tiers were green this morning. Suggesting they had only just opened them.

I genuinely wouldn't have minded if they had sold the entire tier to season ticket holders. However, I've been to 15 games this season and yet I'm losing out on a decent seat to somebody who, potentially, went to a couple of games and then bought the final 5 in advance solely in order to go to the Final.

Typical Villa. We can't even organise selling a few tickets correctly.

• Like 1

So hang on...

I understand that. But they were telling people that the lower tier was sold out. They excluded the entire tier yesterday.
Didn't know they told people it was sold out , a bit naughty and pretty pointless

I have no idea why the lower tier is more expensive than the upper tier . They have it the wrong way round IMO . I was on the very back row of 547 for the semi and it was brilliant !

Makes me feel a bit better. The atmosphere in the lower for the semi was the best I've ever been involved in for The Villa.

I suppose I'm just moaning for the sake of it, the fact that we didn't have choice yesterday.

So hang on...

Is it possible there were some returns, or people swapped their seats to sit with friends? I don't know if this si the case or not? Maybe not by the sounds of it, but I know in 2010, I was on the last criteria when I got my ticket, expecting no choice at all, and ended up getting a choice of 3 different category tickets, because of returns.

Some of the lower tiers were green this morning. Suggesting they had only just opened them.

I genuinely wouldn't have minded if they had sold the entire tier to season ticket holders. However, I've been to 15 games this season and yet I'm losing out on a decent seat to somebody who, potentially, went to a couple of games and then bought the final 5 in advance solely in order to go to the Final.

Typical Villa. We can't even organise selling a few tickets correctly.

Can see why you're annoyed. At least you've got a ticket though! :)   

• Like 1

**** the FA with their ridiculous allocations :(

It's not the FA's fault that you've only been to two games.

Peculiar answer. As Stevo says (and it's the same every year) 40,000 tickets (15,000 more than either club gets) go to the FA family etc." as "reward" for God knows what. These tickets then often end up getting sold on, or passed on.

How many games a fan has been to or not has nothing to do with that.

The two clubs should get (at least) the same allocations as for the Semi-final. That still leaves 25,000 other tickets (or 8,000 excluding the middle tier).

It's like the choice of referee - instead of the sane choice of "the best ref of the season" they go with buggins turn. A ref can only ever do one FA cup final. It's an outdated club of numpties that organise the way the FA cup is run. They're happy enough to chuck tradition out the window and move kick-off for extra TV money despite the travel problems it causes supporters, but perish the thought they'd actually let supporters of clubs in the final a decent allocation of tickets, when there's backs to scratch and handshakes to be made. 

Every time we get to a final it's the same. Every time any ream gets to the FA Cup final it's the same. Every time we have an election and elect a minority government it's the same.

It's always someone else's fault.

We knew the rules before a ball was kicked in the competition. It's not going to change. It's even listed as a benefit of buying a season ticket. Instead of complaining about being unable to get tickets this year, perhaps people could complain TO THE FA so that it's fixed for future seasons.

So because it's always the same I'm not allowed to complain about it? OK.

Stevo was right, my point was that with an extra allocation of 8,500 or so, my booking history of 2 wouldn't be as much of a stumbling block to getting a ticket, they're would have been a chance for me to go, but with the current allocation it's meant that the club can't feasibly give me a chance of one. Of course my current booking history means it's MY fault I can't get a ticket, I understand that, but it doesn't stop the fact that the FA's stupid allocation has given me even less chance of a ticket.

And I used to have a season ticket, but then I went to Uni and moved 200 miles away, and it became kind of inconvenient to go to every game. So I only go to ones I can, i.e. Sunderland and Newcastle, stadiums I can walk to/get the metro to.

Â