Tickets

limpid

Has anyone on here bought tickets not through the club? i.e. from third party ticket sites, if so what was your experience with them like and are many to be trusted?

Only asking as I'm desperate to go to the final, but only been to two games this year (both North-East away games, as I'm currently at Uni in Newcastle), so it's unlikely I'll be able to get some through the club and some sites are looking at £600 for a ticket which would be a lot of money to be swindled out of.

**** the FA with their ridiculous allocations :(

I've not been in this thread for a while as I presumed we would have sold out the allocation ages back. What's going on?!

Just Villa splitting the allocation days across a wide time period so they can cope with the admin! Yesterday was the first proper day for non season ticket holders (unless you'd been to every round of the cup and several league games). It's expected to sell out today.

I must have been lucky went on Villa site at 8.57 by 9.02 I had mine yet phone lines were manic,still few Cat 1 seats were left but im stick with Block 533 like the Semi Final.

has anyone actually ever managed to get through on the phone. Online saying I dont have the privileges when I do need to contact and get it sorted some how 

It's not the FA's fault that you've only been to two games.

Peculiar answer. As Stevo says (and it's the same every year) 40,000 tickets (15,000 more than either club gets) go to the FA family etc." as "reward" for God knows what. These tickets then often end up getting sold on, or passed on.

How many games a fan has been to or not has nothing to do with that.

The two clubs should get (at least) the same allocations as for the Semi-final. That still leaves 25,000 other tickets (or 8,000 excluding the middle tier).

It's like the choice of referee - instead of the sane choice of "the best ref of the season" they go with buggins turn. A ref can only ever do one FA cup final. It's an outdated club of numpties that organise the way the FA cup is run. They're happy enough to chuck tradition out the window and move kick-off for extra TV money despite the travel problems it causes supporters, but perish the thought they'd actually let supporters of clubs in the final a decent allocation of tickets, when there's backs to scratch and handshakes to be made. 

• Like 2

And if they'd gone with the same allocation as the semi final, only an extra 6 or 7 thousand tickets per club, there's a good chance that MWSFV's 2 game history would have been enough for a ticket.

has anyone actually ever managed to get through on the phone. Online saying I dont have the privileges when I do need to contact and get it sorted some how 

Yep. Just keep calling. Eventually you will get on and be placed in a queue. You'll need 3 hours spare for this task. 

The football family tickets go to people who deserve them. Yes, very often they're farmed out from there in a way they shouldn't be. And yes, maybe an England game or two would be more appropriate.

I have far more of a gripe with the corporates.

Peculiar answer. As Stevo says (and it's the same every year) 40,000 tickets (15,000 more than either club gets) go to the FA family etc." as "reward" for God knows what. These tickets then often end up getting sold on, or passed on.

The two clubs should get (at least) the same allocations as for the Semi-final. That still leaves 25,000 other tickets (or 8,000 excluding the middle tier).

It's like the choice of referee - instead of the sane choice of "the best ref of the season" they go with buggins turn. A ref can only ever do one FA cup final. It's an outdated club of numpties that organise the way the FA cup is run. They're happy enough to chuck tradition out the window and move kick-off for extra TV money despite the travel problems it causes supporters, but perish the thought they'd actually let supporters of clubs in the final a decent allocation of tickets, when there's backs to scratch and handshakes to be made. 

Every time we get to a final it's the same. Every time any ream gets to the FA Cup final it's the same. Every time we have an election and elect a minority government it's the same.

It's always someone else's fault.

We knew the rules before a ball was kicked in the competition. It's not going to change. It's even listed as a benefit of buying a season ticket. Instead of complaining about being unable to get tickets this year, perhaps people could complain TO THE FA so that it's fixed for future seasons.

The football family tickets go to people who deserve them. Yes, very often they're farmed out from there in a way they shouldn't be. And yes, maybe an England game or two would be more appropriate.

I have far more of a gripe with the corporates.

I would imagine far less go to the football 'family' than go to sponsors, corporates etc. they catch them al under the same banner but I have no doubt who gets the most. Surely the appropriate time to recognise the football family is the community shield?

• Like 2

Every time we get to a final it's the same. Every time any ream gets to the FA Cup final it's the same. Every time we have an election and elect a minority government it's the same.

It's always someone else's fault.

We knew the rules before a ball was kicked in the competition. It's not going to change. It's even listed as a benefit of buying a season ticket. Instead of complaining about being unable to get tickets this year, perhaps people could complain TO THE FA so that it's fixed for future seasons.

So it IS the FA's fault?

• Like 1

Â