Travel plans

hogso

Just booked my flight.

Leave Cincinnati Thurs 4pm - 5hrs in Detroit then arrive Friday 11am... Return Sunday 1pm to Seattle - arrive for an 8hour layover before catching an 11pm flight to Cinci arriving at 6.30am Mon morning.

EVERY SINGLE SECOND WILL BE WORTH IT!

This guy deserves a ticket!

this guy speaks sense!

I'm happy just to be there, I went to league cup 2010, FA cup 2000 and I'll be dammed if we win and I'm not there!!

No offence mate but can you please stay away - you're a jinx!! Lol

Haha, I think for the last 28 years most of us can consider ourselves a jinx at games! 

Remember the dark days of being on the terrace at Doncaster one midweek getting trounced and screaming at DOL. Moments like that will be made up by winning the cup!

Who is getting the Chiltern down? £29 for open day return or £34 with a Travelcard seems pretty good to me.... any other Villa Talkers making the trip down by train?

My brother and I are hoping to go the same route from Brum city centre. We'll do our customary ritual of emptying half of a 2 litre bottle of coke and replacing it with a litre of smirnoff. That'll warm us up on the the way and set us up nicely for a day of getting merry!

Just booked my flight.

Leave Cincinnati Thurs 4pm - 5hrs in Detroit then arrive Friday 11am... Return Sunday 1pm to Seattle - arrive for an 8hour layover before catching an 11pm flight to Cinci arriving at 6.30am Mon morning.

EVERY SINGLE SECOND WILL BE WORTH IT!

This guy deserves a ticket!
this guy speaks sense!

I'm happy just to be there, I went to league cup 2010, FA cup 2000 and I'll be dammed if we win and I'm not there!!

No offence mate but can you please stay away - you're a jinx!! Lol

Haha, I think for the last 28 years most of us can consider ourselves a jinx at games!

Remember the dark days of being on the terrace at Doncaster one midweek getting trounced and screaming at DOL. Moments like that will be made up by winning the cup!

Oh no, why did you have to remind me of that night. I was at uni and my housemates had a field day when I got back!

Who is getting the Chiltern down? £29 for open day return or £34 with a Travelcard seems pretty good to me.... any other Villa Talkers making the trip down by train?

Yeah we are doing it again as we did that against Utd in the carling cup final, get the train to Marylebone, eat and drink around there then go to the ground and do the same coming home, that way guaranteed a seat as it stops at Wembley coming home

I live in Wycombe so will be getting the train in and then driving back to Brum for the fun run on Sunday. FWIW there's loads of parking in Wycombe, trains every 15-20mins to Wembley and I was on a train virtually straight after the team had gone back down the tunnel in the Semi

early Wednesday morning get a taxi to Perth airport, get flight to Dubai,short wait then flight to Brum. Saturday get coach to Wembley, head back to Brum after the game. Sunday sleep most the day then fly back Monday ready for work Wednesday

• Like 1

Going to catch the train instead. Is that right with Chiltern trains you have to change twice at Leamington and Banbury?? There is no direct service??

No changes required. Direct from Moor St to Wembley Stadium 

Going to catch the train instead. Is that right with Chiltern trains you have to change twice at Leamington and Banbury?? There is no direct service??

How are you seeing these direct services mate? Just called them and they say you have to change at High Wycombe only rather then Banbury and Leamington like I saw before?? On site now and says change at Leamington.

How are you seeing these direct services mate? Just called them and they say you have to change at High Wycombe only rather then Banbury and Leamington like I saw before?? On site now and says change at Leamington.

What website you using? As some trains you have to change, but most are direct to Wembley or Marylebone as we are doing...Go on the trainline.com that's what we used to book ours with

What website you using? As some trains you have to change, but most are direct to Wembley or Marylebone as we are doing...Go on the trainline.com that's what we used to book ours with
I'd say he might know Edited by chappy

On there now. Can see direct to Marylebone you mentioned from Moor Street but nothing direct to Wembley Stadium without having to change at Leamington or Marylebone? Booked it anyway with the change at Leamington. Thanks for the help.

Edited by donnie

I'd say he might know

U Wot M8??

On there now. Can see direct to Marylebone you mentioned from Moor Street but nothing direct to Wembley Stadium without having to change at Leamington or Marylebone? Booked it anyway with the change at Leamington. Thanks for the help.

They don't confirm the full timetable till a week before (so anytime now). Basically they just add an additional stop on the trains theough to Marylebone (Wembley Stadium). Same for the return.

No Worries, yeah Wembley is the station before Marylebone, we get off at Marylebone, as we've brought underground tickets for the day, so we use them on the way back to Wembley from Marylebone after we've had food and drink around there and on the way home we do the same, That way guaranteed a seat coming back to Brum

Tube for me.  West Hampstead is a good place to go beforehand for those on the tube.  Good pubs/restaurants and easy to get to the ground.  You can also park there for free and get the tube!

Â