Travel plans

hogso

I organised a coach for 40 of us which worked well as there were kids, adults and oaps on board. Arrived early enough to grab a few beers so will do so again for the final. My local station is on the Chiltern line which is ideal for Wembley however i'm not going to jinx it by changing my mode of travel!!!!

Just booked my flight.

Leave Cincinnati Thurs 4pm - 5hrs in Detroit then arrive Friday 11am... Return Sunday 1pm to Seattle - arrive for an 8hour layover before catching an 11pm flight to Cinci arriving at 6.30am Mon morning.

EVERY SINGLE SECOND WILL BE WORTH IT!

This guy deserves a ticket!

• Like 1

Travel to Wembley for the FA Cup Final 2015

Taking a trip to see Aston Villa face Arsenal in the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium?

Then let us take the stress and hassle out of driving and parking at the game. Take the coach direct from Birmingham Coach Station, Great Barr, Lichfield, Tamworth and Redditch to the gates of Wembley Stadium for all the action.

Book FA Cup Final coach travel now via the Journey Planner on this page and guarantee yourself a seat alongside all the action.

If you are planning to travel to the semi-final with your friends and family, our group travel discount lets you save 25% off our standard fares when traveling in a group of four or more people, and booking coach only travel* to the FA Cup Semi Final event.

To redeem, simply book four or more tickets from the journey planner on this page at least three days before you travel to Wembley - the discount will be automatically applied to your booking.

*The group travel discount applies when booking coach only travel to an event for four or more people. The group travel discount isn't available when booking one of our event packages.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/wherewego/events/wembley-stadium/FA-Cup-Final.aspx

Just noticed their typo with semi final group booking.

It's The FA Cup Final bummers.

Edited by Kingman

@Hogso, what time did you travel out of curiosity?  I was at Moor Street for a while in the morning before I headed to London and every train leaving (between 08:30 and 10:00) was very busy leaving Birmingham and I presume they were picking loads more up at Solihull too.  I'm curious as to what time it started to quieten down. 

I didn't get the train till about 12ish. Lovely service btw, had never been on any chiltern trains, easiest way for me to describe it is like a first class carriage on any other train, but it was just standard. More bog standard on the way back, but the train down was a treat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like travelling via Brum is going to work out tons cheaper for me. I'm treating my old man, as he's 60 this year, so said I'd pay for everything. Was working out at about £500 excluding beer money. Going via Brum cuts out the need for a hotel, and means I can drive down on the Friday, and back again Sunday. Gonna save about £250!  

• Like 1

Booked my coach travel from Brum today! £40 for two of us. Add that to £60 for a tank of petrol, and it's a long way off what I was originally looking at!  

• Like 1

As per the semi final I am running a minibus from Malvern. I have four seats available, £20 each to cover fuel and parking at the stadium. At the moment the plan is to leave at 9am making a couple of stops to pick up friends. Don't mind you having a drink as long as it's not over the top as we have the bus as a favour. PM me if you're interested.

I have a mini bus with five seats available. Price will be between £25 and £30 depending if we fill the bus.  Can pick up in Halesowen, Longbridge  or Kings Norton. We will be parking at the clay ovens function suite for pre match and post match party  (tickets available if needed £10 each). Message me if interested.

Edited by murfee

What website did you guys go on to find someone who is renting there drive to park the car?? Also how close, walking distance, were they from Wembley??

Caught the official coach for the semi's and being the miserable 'B' I am, I found the waiting around after waiting for the coach to leave tedious and the train don't sound much better.

^ Yep, JustPark is what I used for the semi final. Anywhere around Kingsway (HA9) is good. 5mins from the stadium, right side for Villa fans. You walk past the Green Man on the way and can cut through the residential roads to get back onto the motorway easily after the game. £15 seems to the going rate.

Just booked my flight.

Leave Cincinnati Thurs 4pm - 5hrs in Detroit then arrive Friday 11am... Return Sunday 1pm to Seattle - arrive for an 8hour layover before catching an 11pm flight to Cinci arriving at 6.30am Mon morning.

EVERY SINGLE SECOND WILL BE WORTH IT!

This guy deserves a ticket!

this guy speaks sense!

I'm happy just to be there, I went to league cup 2010, FA cup 2000 and I'll be dammed if we win and I'm not there!!

No offence mate but can you please stay away - you're a jinx!! Lol

• Like 1

Â