The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I'm already far more nervous for this game than I ever was in the lead up to the semi.

Depending on where I'm sitting, I am fully expecting to be the guy in the crowd crying his eyes out, whether we win or lose.

• Like 1

Yeah, i was pretty calm for the semi final. I've not stopped thinking about the final since it happened. I'd give so much to see us win it.

Mate.. if we did it... I don't even know..

Scary just thinking about it

Im 31, and apart from those two league cup wins in 94 & 96 when I was slightly to young to understand their importance, i've never witnessed Villa win a major trophy. If we win this, i'll weep. Like a big girl.

• Like 3

Using my own expert analysis...

A team has only retained the FA Cup on 11 previous occasions.

6 of those were in the 19th century.

It's only happened twice in the last 30 years.

Only 6 teams have ever done it:

Wanderers x 3
Blackburn Rovers x 3
Spurs x 2

Newcastle x 1

Arsenal x 1

Chelsea x 1

Don't really know what you can draw from that, apart from it doesn't happen very often. But Arsenal have managed to do it before (and fairly recently (2003))

Edited by Stevo985

Good omen: We've won the toss and are the home team again and will play in our home strip.

Unbelievably we have been the home side in every single round and of course won everytime without the need for a replay or extra time. Its our time, finally. Hopefully anyway

Good omen: We've won the toss and are the home team again and will play in our home strip.

Unbelievably we have been the home side in every single round and of course won everytime without the need for a replay or extra time. Its our time, finally. Hopefully anyway

Just catching up and noticed the same, wonder how many times that has happened? probably not too many.

Just noticed that I've  also started every Pre-Match Thread for The FA Cup to!  :D

Villa and Falkirk double is 20/1

Assume you've all seen the story.

I haven't?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32374755

Falkirk and Aston Villa will both bid to end a 58-year wait on 30 May

By Andrew Southwick
BBC Scotland
Aston Villa and Falkirk could both end a 58-year wait to win their domestic cups when they walk out at Wembley and Hampden respectively on 30 May.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I can wait another 25 days for this.

I get butterflies, which I can only describe as the kind of butterflies I had looking at my wife walking down the aisle on our wedding day - whenever I think about it.

For the love of ****, please win this.

Edited by lapal_fan