The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Part of me doesn't care about the result of this. We are in a final against a team who may have beaten us extremely convincingly earlier in the season. But their fans showed this weekend that they are just there for the day out, they don't have any real passion for the cup.

So as fans, like yesterday, we can go there and roar the team on and show everyone how loud we can be no matter what the result is. And hopefully the players will see that we believe anything is possible after the season we've had and may just pull off the biggest shock yet!

• Like 1

We shouldn't get too excited about the Final if Lerner goes.  Its been reported he is going to attend.  Remember the game he attended earlier in the season that ended our run of results!  I reckon he's bad luck - when was the last time we won a game when he attended?

I think we should start the campaign now #nowembleyforlearner

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

We shouldn't get too excited about the Final if Lerner goes.  Its been reported he is going to attend.  Remember the game he attended earlier in the season that ended our run of results!  I reckon he's bad luck - when was the last time we won a game when he attended?

I think we should start the campaign now #nowembleyforlearner

Hadn't realised he'd missed yesterdays game until this morning. I didn't think I was superstitious until me and my mate discussed wearing exactly the same clothes to the final (just in case!).

I just realised this game is on the same weekend that I'm supposed to be doing an abseil off the orbit at olympic park for charity. I hate heights and for a brief second thought id found my way out of it. Does shock at villa winning the fa cup/severe upset at seeing them lose it count as a reason not to bounce myself off a building?

• Like 1

Heard that Villa and Arsenal fans are going to be singing "Happy Birthday" to Steven Gerrard on 35th minute as it's been planned..

Anyone else seen this anywhere?

No, but I think it would be a nice gesture. #steviesbirthday #fightlikelions

• Like 2

Heard that Villa and Arsenal fans are going to be singing "Happy Birthday" to Steven Gerrard on 35th minute as it's been planned..

Bollocks to that. **** Steven Gerrard. He missed his chance to be a part of May 30th. The FA Cup Final is about Aston Villa and Arsenal.

You don't want to sing "Cheer up Stevie G" on the 35th minute then? I think that would be ace.

Bollocks to that. **** Steven Gerrard. He missed his chance to be a part of May 30th. The FA Cup Final is about Aston Villa and Arsenal.

You don't want to sing "Cheer up Stevie G" on the 35th minute then? I think that would be ace.

Nah, not for me. If it's anything like yesterday the idea of humour won't really be in my head at that stage. Two teams earned their way into the final, I don't see a place for that zero.

Fully expect to be in a minority before the game. Then I think most people will forget all about it as soon as it kicked off anyway.

• Like 1