Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

Yeah, not understanding the "con" statement at all there, however you were definitely wrong in pre-ordering. Pre-order culture is hugely problematic in the gaming industry and people need to stop

If the single-player component is just a series of co-op and multiplayer maps filled with AI opponents, isn’t it going to lack depth and longevity? 

I don’t want to say, you just have to trust us, we need to prove it of course, but we’re using all the knowledge about depth and longevity that we’ve accumulated over years of making the Battlefield games. Also the missions we have in the game have more longevity than most single-player campaigns.

They tend to have a length of between 6-10 hours and that’s it – most people don’t replay them, most don’t go through the secondary objectives, they run through the story and they’re done.

In Battlefront, it’s very different, it has more to do with replayability than most narrative-driven single-player experiences.

It gives you something else, something you may not be used to seeing.

We have done a lot with this game that keeps it attractive for a longer period of time.

There’s a lot of persistence work going into it – how you unlock things, how you explore new ways of playing, how you collect things and rank up, and also how you compare yourself with your friends.

There are a lot of different ways to play the game. There’s a lot of variation.

Sounds like it may be a more exciting SP this time.

Edited by Bradd92

Everything I read about this makes me less and less excited for the game. It's going to be a Battlefield game with a star wars skin on smaller maps, when the one thing Battlefront needed was scale. I'm expecting the campaign to be something similar to BF3's co-op stuff.

Everything I read about this makes me less and less excited for the game. It's going to be a Battlefield game with a star wars skin on smaller maps, when the one thing Battlefront needed was scale. I'm expecting the campaign to be something similar to BF3's co-op stuff.

Which also requires less skill to be good at than bf too.

I watched some off screen footage of people playing the game at E3, and i have to say it looked incredibly dull.

Though, will wait till further footage is released before deciding whether to buy it or not.

Yeah, not understanding the "con" statement at all there, however you were definitely wrong in pre-ordering. Pre-order culture is hugely problematic in the gaming industry and people need to stop

Yes, to confirm, reading back through this thread, I kind of got the impression that all the wonderful 'game play' footage currently on Youtube is not actually how it's going to look or pan out in the real live gamers experience from launch... That's what I meant by a bit of a con... kind of tricking people into believing its really going to rock the house, when in actual fact, it's not really going to be all that good...

I'm really excited about the game coming out, I've kind of had such high expectations for it. I guess you more experienced gamers out there have had more chances to get your fingers burned, hence the ongoing caution...

The longevity is going to be all about DLC... There are so many planets to go to - though the game modes might not change, the scenery and mission objectives are pretty limitless in the Star Wars universe.

Still don't know whether to jump for joy, or treat it all with caution...

The longevity is going to be all about DLC... There are so many planets to go to - though the game modes might not change, the scenery and mission objectives are pretty limitless in the Star Wars universe.

This is the problem for me. It's EA so obviously this will happen within a month or so of release. £3.99 for a double map pack or something at the very least.

That plus the fact that it's EA... Who 9/10, will botch a release with game breaking bugs which are patched to a point until the game is a year or so old.

I'm on the fence on whether to get battlefront. I so badly want it to be great and everything I'd want it to be.... But it's EA I know it'll probably be unplayable until at least the new year. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll probably avoid until the first wave of updates

• Like 1

Yes, to confirm, reading back through this thread, I kind of got the impression that all the wonderful 'game play' footage currently on Youtube is not actually how it's going to look or pan out in the real live gamers experience from launch... That's what I meant by a bit of a con... kind of tricking people into believing its really going to rock the house, when in actual fact, it's not really going to be all that good...

I'm really excited about the game coming out, I've kind of had such high expectations for it. I guess you more experienced gamers out there have had more chances to get your fingers burned, hence the ongoing caution...

You're probably expecting too much from it, you'll get map packs for £9 that have 4 maps, maybe some single player missions and they'll support it for the coming two years, but not in any game changing way.

• Like 1

Bf5 is coming 2016.

I think that will determine how seriously they back it.

I'd say Battlefront will sell a lot more than BF5. It's potentially the biggest FPS franchise if done the right way.

• 2 months later...

I was just reading one of the pre-order offers and it says you'd get the Battle of Jakku stuff (2 extra maps) on December 1st. It also says this will be a free download available for everyone on the 8th of December, so there's one planned downloadable set of maps already.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this, I upgraded my PC just in case the open beta is decent and I actually buy it as the specs are insanely high. It looks decent but with Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 on the way I'm still not sure how much I'll be playing Battlefront in the end. 

Played the PS4 beta.  Looks fantastic,  atmospheric sound too. plays quite well on the solo missions, and the small muliplayer.  The larger muliplayer feels like a bit of a mess at the moment.  

Just been playing it {PC} and agree with Dubbs. It looks beautiful and particularly liked flying around in a tie fighter :) which was very easy to control.  ATATs and ATST not so much.  I am convinced. Some people having problems with Nvidia cards {which I have}, and I had to update my drivers before it would let me play but ran smooth once I had them installed.

Edited by Sithlord

Â