Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

It's a pre rendered video.

I know what you're trying to say, but it's not a pre-render, it's captured from the gameplay engine. (Note: that doesn't mean it's gameplay)

It's absolutely not gameplay. It's the engine rendering footage on the sort of PC that's so powerful it requires a human sacrifice to run. There's no way what we get to play will look as good as that.

• 1 month later...

It's absolutely not gameplay. It's the engine rendering footage on the sort of PC that's so powerful it requires a human sacrifice to run. There's no way what we get to play will look as good as that.

Yup. Why do people keep falling for this year after year? Gamers really do have the shortest memories.

The only thing I don't like about the gameplay videos so far is the complete lack of need for ADS. It really looks like you don't really have to be all that accurate to hit targets. 

Does that make it more or less accurate to the movies? As stormtroopers famously couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a blaster.

• Like 1

Just seen a game play video and its just looks like a re skin of a COD game. Scenary looks amazing and the lore it has to work on could make it amazing. Talk of a 40 player multi player really is worrying. I generally take a rule of if a game has a large multiplayer or a general focus on it then the game/story in single player will be poor. 

Just seen a game play video and its just looks like a re skin of a COD game. Scenary looks amazing and the lore it has to work on could make it amazing. Talk of a 40 player multi player really is worrying. I generally take a rule of if a game has a large multiplayer or a general focus on it then the game/story in single player will be poor. 

I don't think there's even a single player mode. There's a co-op mode where you fight swarms of enemies, not sure how much story is there. 

I think the main focus of Battlefront is the multiplayer, pretty sure they've never had a story mode as such

• 2 weeks later...

So, what they showed off at E3 and show on the trailer as gameplay footage is just a con? Not sure whether I did the right thing by pre-ordering this... Whole reason I got a PS4 last year was for this game. I'll never pre-order a game again - only did this time because it was Star Wars... Got my fingers burned with my Destiny experience...

Might not book a day off work for launch now...

Â