Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

Yeah the Hutt contracts are pretty sweet

Don't think they have done enough to balance out the Emperial Villans Vs The Heroes though. 

Greedo has given them a bit of a boost, but if you have two fairly evenly matched teams in terms of player ability - the heroes smash it every time. 

I just hope they don't start nerfing the heroes. Boba needs a buff (make the wrist rocket a lock on and blaster should be one burst kill on infantry). 

Greedos multi lock thingy needs a bit more range and to charge a bit quicker too. 

I haven't played as Greedo yet, and I've only played as Nien Numb (sp?) once, and about 30 seconds into the match it kicked me out for having too poor a connection (the one and only time that's happened!!)

So far I've just played random selection Outer Rim matches, so it's literally swapped me from HvV into Extraction into Blast and the other game modes. When I've had my fill of random games, I'll probably then play a constant mode and get to play as the new heroes more.

I've got better with Greedo now. You have to keep your distance and if playing HvV, I tend to try and support Vader or Uncle Palpy. 

The trick is to keep chucking your grenades and watching them upgrade and make good use of the sensor scan. 

You have to stay in cover, with support - out on his own he's weak. Although strangely I've beaten Luke twice 1v1 when cornered, but if you get stuck up against Solo, Leia or Nunb it's game over. 

He's brilliant on Sullust if you keep by the rocks where the ship is parked. Use the sensor, keep popping up from cover and pick em off. You only use if your teammates go charging straight into the heroes like complete divs. 

Nunb reigns supreme though, especially on Rebel Depot. I don't think I've gone less than 30 kills in any game with him on the map. 

I can feel the rage when I keep blowing people up with proximity bombs!

57-1 on HvV with Nunb - raider camp map. 7 rounds. 

Hands down the best I've ever done on an online shooter, by some distance. 

I feel like I deserve a reward :hooray:

• Like 2

I managed to play this for the first time the other day.

Bearing in mind I don't really like Star Wars all that much (it wasn't a thing in my childhood really so I don't hold it dearly) and I'm rubbish at online FPS titles generally, and I never played the originals, its good fun. It's hamstrung by EA-itis, but there is something quite cool about running about the forest moon of Endor or Hoth with those sounds and effects going on all around you (the sound on it is spectacular, particularly in surround).

From my largely uneducated position about the only other thing id hold against out is that some modes seem to stack things against the rebel side to the extent it's almost random if they can win. But it seems fun enough even if you're losing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Sounds like you and me are on a par at FPS games Chindie.  Spawn, run, shoot, die and repeat!! 

I'm in that club too! 

Do you play this in FP? 

• 1 year later...

Battlefront II (or Battlefront IV depending on how you look at it), is looking tremendous. 

I still play the current one religiously and despite all the criticism it took, I still happily sink hour after hour in without getting bored. This new one looks like it's going to be on a whole other level. 

Full single player campaign spanning 30 years 

online multiplayer across all 3 eras 

im preparing to pre order just for Darth Maul, Yoda and Tauntauns. 

I can't be arsed with the meme, but shut up and take my money! 

On 4/23/2017 at 04:48, wazzap24 said:

Full single player campaign spanning 30 years 

online multiplayer across all 3 eras 

im preparing to pre order just for Darth Maul, Yoda and Tauntauns. 

+space battles

Should have all been in the original reboot. Dogshit practice to make people pay 50 quid again just to get the features a PS2 game from 10 years ago had.

My initial biggest issue with the last one was the feel of the weapons and the classes, the blasters all felt a bit samey

then battlefield 1 came out and my biggest issue was pretty much the entire game felt like such a lazy cash in 

On 24/04/2017 at 20:29, StefanAVFC said:

+space battles

Should have all been in the original reboot. Dogshit practice to make people pay 50 quid again just to get the features a PS2 game from 10 years ago had.

They have said there will be no additional cost for any dlc

Edited by Villan_of_oz

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I thought they were a little more cagey than that? 

They confirmed no season pass would be needed, but I think there's will be some DLC. 

Sounds like it will be weapons and skins though, rather than actual game 'content' so to speak, which is a good thing. 

The last one did take the proverbial with the SP, even though personally I got plenty of value out of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

I thought they were a little more cagey than that? 

They confirmed no season pass would be needed, but I think there's will be some DLC. 

Sounds like it will be weapons and skins though, rather than actual game 'content' so to speak, which is a good thing. 

The last one did take the proverbial with the SP, even though personally I got plenty of value out of it. 

Yeah sorry mate you are correct. No season pass as the  powers that be recognise that having to pay for a season pass creates the haves and the have nots problem. What you will get for free is access to all modes and all maps etc. 

I must retract that will not have pay for dlc this is incorrect. You will be able to experience the full game for the original price. 

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was saying that they rebooted the franchise without those key features, sold a game for fifty quid, now they've put the features back in and are expecting consumers to shell out 50 quid again.

It's a joke.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I was saying that they rebooted the franchise without those key features, sold a game for fifty quid, now they've put the features back in and are expecting consumers to shell out 50 quid again.

It's a joke.

Ah ok I don't have the last one got put onto the new one by mate. Sorry for putting my 2 cents in the wrong place. I do understand what you mean though and that is typical treatment of us gamers. 

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ah ok I don't have the last one got put onto the new one by mate. Sorry for putting my 2 cents in the wrong place. I do understand what you mean though and that is typical treatment of us gamers. 

No worries, just infuriated me to no end that they rebooted the franchise and removed key features that made a 10 year old PS2 game so fun!

• Like 1

Â