Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Is it still possible for Berbatov to join in the next few days as he is a free?

Free agents can move at any time, but it depends on whether we have registered 25 players with the league I believe. We'd have had to leave a spot free for him which I think is unlikely considering how many players we now have.

How many of Gestede's goals last season were scored with his feet, am I being harsh thinking that he needs it on his head to score?

Good question. Out of 22 goals last season he scored nine with his head, meaning he's even more lethal from the ground.

You appear to be talking to yourself :)

It was only a matter of time . . . 

• Like 1

Noticed that the Berbatov thread has been locked. Did I read correctly earlier that he is a free agent? If so do we think there is any chance this could still be done in next few days?

Apologies if this has been discussed, quite a few pages have been added to this thread today ☺

Noticed that the Berbatov thread has been locked. Did I read correctly earlier that he is a free agent? If so do we think there is any chance this could still be done in next few days?

Apologies if this has been discussed, quite a few pages have been added to this thread today ☺

Having a medical at Man City.

SSN reported before that we tried and failed to get him in today, so maybe he's wanting too much so doubt it'll happen.

So Kozak then?!

Other options clearly didn't pan out. Tim obviously didn't see Austin fitting in for whatever reason. I think he's been fairly open in that he'd 'do something if someone becomes available'. That obviously didn't happen.

Fair play to him for not selling us down the river for Adebayor. He claimed at the weekend that Adebayor was a friend. I think Adebayor will genuinely look back on it as a missed opportunity. At least he can do so from atop his pile of cash. If his attitude stinks or he wasn't up for it 1% then Sherwood did e right thing.

I'm trying to be optimistic. The squad, on paper at least, looks far better than last season. It's just that the big goalscoring cog in the machine is either missing or an unknown commodity. It's certainly risky.

4 games in = other options clearly didn't work out. **** sake. 

• Like 1

How many of Gestede's goals last season were scored with his feet, am I being harsh thinking that he needs it on his head to score?

Good question. Out of 22 goals last season he scored nine with his head, meaning he's even more lethal from the ground.

Give yourself a like for asking such a great question.

Wow thanks, I hope the answer was even greater. It certainly re-invigorated my outlook on Gestede, not sure why I didn't ask myself this a while back.

Give yourself a like for asking such a great question.

Wow thanks, I hope the answer was even greater. It certainly re-invigorated my outlook on Gestede, not sure why I didn't ask myself this a while back.

Not sure, only you can answer that question.

• Like 2