Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Sky sources understand Liverpool have reached agreement with Aston Villa for the season-long loan of Tiago Illori.

The Premier League deal sheet has been submitted, and they have until 8pm to complete the paperwork.

This makes zero sense. Ship Baker out on loan, sign a veteran defender, and then get another team's young centerback? We have Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richards, Lescott, and even Crespo now. Why would we need 7 center backs? Oh and I forgot Sanchez can play there too. 

I can't remember if I read this, heard or even dreamed this.

Apparently when Baker signed a contract extention recently, he had it written in his contract if Villa sign another CB and any team comes in to loan him (Baker) Villa have to let him go out on loan.

I just can't remember where I've got that from, but it's been stuck in my head a while now.

i can still see Berba signing

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Any use?

Can't comment on his footballing ability but he was good enough to give me a decent tp a week last Sunday #hadhiminthebackofmycab

You really must have said something to him?!

About all I said to him was "ok", "£23 please" and "cheers mate!"

How the hell did you recognise him?

• Like 1

rip our season

Lol
Yeah just can't get over some of the women on here (sorry to the real women no Offense meant) overreacting jeez.bBeen a really good window and we have enough up front with libor and the rest. Who has bought a 20+ goal a season striker this window?

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Any use?

Can't comment on his footballing ability but he was good enough to give me a decent tp a week last Sunday #hadhiminthebackofmycab

From the 2 under 21 games that he's played....bargain :)

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Any use?

Sorry, please ignore this, I've seen your answer in the other thread. 

we've officially signed a whole new XI now:

Bunn

Crespo-Richards-Lescott-Amavi

Traore-Gueye-Veretout-Sinclair

Ayew-Gestede

not sure we've ever done that within one summer before?

Certainly interesting but the question is - is it a good change? I'll try to bite my tongue on the whole net spend thing for now so let's just do a quick comparison with that team above vs who we have sold/replaced/released/loaned

Given

Lowton Vlaar Baker Luna

Delph Cleverley Herd Sylla

Benteke Weimann

Subs: Bent Helenius Tonev Stevens Burke

Now, if those two teams faced each other who do you think would win?

My opinion - the released team. Even if you argue it'd be close or narrow either way, we finished 17th last season. We needed more investment this summer and this wasn't good enough and was just a 'clever' way of disguising the fact we've stood still, at best. Does anyone really think the new XI would beat the released XI?!

The main difference between the two lists would be how less dependent we are on 2 players.

Sky Sports just said we failed in our bid to get Berbatov in today. That's it all over fingers crossed Ayew can find a vein of form and start scoring

Its been noted here before but Berbatov can still be done.

BENNETT JOINS BOURNEMOUTH

Some more news from the Midlands as left-back Joe Bennett has signed a one-year extension with Aston Villa and is now heading toBournemouth on loan until January 2016. 

Roll on January when we sign Embolo and a decent GK

Edit: Link here http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

Had a gut feeling we wouldn't be in for another CF, it would basically be an admission that Gestede and/or Ayew were wastes of money and I don't think RL would be too pleased with that.

IMO, if we put Sinclair in front of Grealish/Gil/Traore then the goals will come. There's no way they can't.

I'm also very disappointed that we haven't signed a striker, how we can let a £32.5m striker leave and replace him with a £6m Champinship striker is beyond me. We look strong at the back but our strikeforce leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion

We've signed an entire squad to replace our old one. It's a strange feeling. Definitely won't see Baker again, Clark will stick around as a back up but I don't see him ever being first choice again.

Obviously we all wanted someone up front but the loan market is still open right? If we don't loan I think we will acually see Sinclair as a 9 in order to get Grealish and Adama on the pitch together, and wait until January to see how settled Gestede and Ayew are. I'm not too worried about that, yet.

• Like 1

If the idea is more goals are to come from midfield, then I'm not overly concerned by the lack of another striker coming in. Sinclair can play upfront anyway, while Ayew and Gestede settle in. If it all goes tits up, hopefully Lerner pulls his head out of his ass and buys a striker in January.

• Like 1

So Kozak then?!

Other options clearly didn't pan out. Tim obviously didn't see Austin fitting in for whatever reason. I think he's been fairly open in that he'd 'do something if someone becomes available'. That obviously didn't happen.

Fair play to him for not selling us down the river for Adebayor. He claimed at the weekend that Adebayor was a friend. I think Adebayor will genuinely look back on it as a missed opportunity. At least he can do so from atop his pile of cash. If his attitude stinks or he wasn't up for it 1% then Sherwood did e right thing.

I'm trying to be optimistic. The squad, on paper at least, looks far better than last season. It's just that the big goalscoring cog in the machine is either missing or an unknown commodity. It's certainly risky.