Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Sky sources understand Liverpool have reached agreement with Aston Villa for the season-long loan of Tiago Illori.

The Premier League deal sheet has been submitted, and they have until 8pm to complete the paperwork.

This makes zero sense. Ship Baker out on loan, sign a veteran defender, and then get another team's young centerback? We have Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richards, Lescott, and even Crespo now. Why would we need 7 center backs? Oh and I forgot Sanchez can play there too. 

Apparently the deal includes an option to buy. He was very highly rated when the plop paid £7million for him as a 19 year old. He’s never kicked a ball for them. Supposedly quick and good on the ball. Maybe Tim is going 3-5-1-1

i can still see Berba signing

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Any use?

Can't comment on his footballing ability but he was good enough to give me a decent tp a week last Sunday #hadhiminthebackofmycab

You really must have said something to him?!

we've officially signed a whole new XI now:

Bunn

Crespo-Richards-Lescott-Amavi

Traore-Gueye-Veretout-Sinclair

Ayew-Gestede

not sure we've ever done that within one summer before?

Certainly interesting but the question is - is it a good change? I'll try to bite my tongue on the whole net spend thing for now so let's just do a quick comparison with that team above vs who we have sold/replaced/released/loaned

Given

Lowton Vlaar Baker Luna

Delph Cleverley Herd Sylla

Benteke Weimann

Subs: Bent Helenius Tonev Stevens Burke

Now, if those two teams faced each other who do you think would win?

My opinion - the released team. Even if you argue it'd be close or narrow either way, we finished 17th last season. We needed more investment this summer and this wasn't good enough and was just a 'clever' way of disguising the fact we've stood still, at best. Does anyone really think the new XI would beat the released XI?!

Disagree, I think the new team looks much stronger at the back and in midfield. It's only upfront we looked better before and we were never going to be able to replace Benteke like for like, even with a £50m net spend. 

• Like 2

we've officially signed a whole new XI now:

Bunn

Crespo-Richards-Lescott-Amavi

Traore-Gueye-Veretout-Sinclair

Ayew-Gestede

not sure we've ever done that within one summer before?

Certainly interesting but the question is - is it a good change? I'll try to bite my tongue on the whole net spend thing for now so let's just do a quick comparison with that team above vs who we have sold/replaced/released/loaned

Given

Lowton Vlaar Baker Luna

Delph Cleverley Herd Sylla

Benteke Weimann

Subs: Bent Helenius Tonev Stevens Burke

Now, if those two teams faced each other who do you think would win?

My opinion - the released team. Even if you argue it'd be close or narrow either way, we finished 17th last season. We needed more investment this summer and this wasn't good enough and was just a 'clever' way of disguising the fact we've stood still, at best. Does anyone really think the new XI would beat the released XI?!

Hahahahaha this guy...

It's no good strengthing the rest of the team if you aren't going to sign someone to finish of the chances they create, a complete and utter waste of time.

How do you know whether the two strikers we have signed are going to fail after so little game time. What about the fabulously talented midfielders we've signed.

Waste of time? Useless.

I'm certainly not writing Ayew off, I think he'll finish the season being regarded as the best striker at the club and can see him getting into double figures. I'm not as convinced by Gestede but at the very least I think he'll be useful coming of the bench with his heading abilities. Ideally I think we needed someone to be getting us 18 plus goals.

How many teams have someone who scores 18 plus goals?

I've got no idea but if it's not many that shouldn't stop us from wanting it for our team. Besides looking at my oringal post it is a bit over the top. I think we'll be fine.

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Any use?

Can't comment on his footballing ability but he was good enough to give me a decent tp a week last Sunday #hadhiminthebackofmycab

About all I said to him was "ok", "£23 please" and "cheers mate!"

Tiago Illori signed!!!!

Any use?

About all I said to him was "ok", "£23 please" and "cheers mate!"

Don't believe it, I'm sure you told him about the TS facial. Or maybe even gave him one of your own....

Lowest net spend but most of the players we've signed will be worth 30 mil in a few years time.

Like who?

Amavi?  Danilo and Alex Sandro, right and left back at absolute top of game  moving to Juve and Real from Porto, deals made for 22m and 18m.

Veretout? CM who won't score that many goals (imho) and is yet to prove he'll fit into BPL, no way 30m for him ever.

Gueye? He's not that young, 25 already, will probably move on at 27, 15-20m hopefully.

Adama? Barca got back buy clause if he ever reaches his potential..

Who the hell you expect to reach 30m? ''Most of the players''? Name one.

Just being realistic..we barely reached 30m for a proven 20 goals a season goal scorer at perffect age lol..These are perfect signings for us, but not any is 30m guarantee, or close to that. 

Edited by Alakagom

It's no good strengthing the rest of the team if you aren't going to sign someone to finish of the chances they create, a complete and utter waste of time.

I disagree. we had Tekkers last season but the rest of the team was shit. better off with 7 or 8 good players and the odd weak link than one good player and 10 weak links

• Like 2

What short memories people have.

When Benteke first played there were plenty who thought he would score nowhere near the goals Bent would............

How some can say its a poor window is beyond me. I can only guess they may not have seen us play ? There is a lot of talent and flair in the squad, we didn't have that before. There is experience and real power in defence, we didn't have that before. We've got midfielder getting forward.

And we have at least 4 strikers !!

Proven goalscorers are rare ( especially these mythical 20 goals a season guys !) And unlikely to come here.

The other thing with them is they often don't do much else ( even tekkers rarely did). We can't really afford that, and a team on the front foot with goals from various positions, plus ten from one of Ayew and Gestede, will be fine.

• Like 1

3rd lowest net spend, but shrewd business. Benteke not anywhere replaced. Intresting times ahead.

CN1WYZDW8AA74bw.jpg

Yeah but if you want to be optimistic only 5 other clubs have spent more than us, so Lerner hasn't trousered the Benteke cash himself.

Its a interesting squad and who knows? Regardless of some players wanting to leave, the previous team needed to be ripped up and started again and lets be reminded we came 17th last season.

• Like 1