Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Oh no, we're not getting Pires back are we?!

And what's he doing in that daft hat?

I've just come back from the future, it's a picture of Jack.

Can we defend in the future?

Afraid not, as wide open as Jordan's legs.

(Katie Price, not our own Jordan/s)

I believe the 10 shirt is being kept for Adeybayor. TS was testing the water with the relocation debate. Spurs will be bricking it .... Keeping him on payroll till Xmas at least. They will pay a higher percentage of his wages to get him off the books. The loan will go through before deadline at a lower wage and our ex arsenal execs will toast a job well done

• Like 2

I thought Zaza was a defender?

He is a striker alright but only signed for Juve (they had co-ownership) last month for €20M so don't think he was ever going to West Ham.

Edited by limvillian

He'd come for sure I think he knows playing for Villa is a good thing for English players....and must realise we are a bigger club than the Baggies...

£24m? I'd take him. That would take our net spend to approximately £35m for one season though but given the extra money starting from next season maybe a gamble Learner would be willing to take.

However I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in Spurs shirt. WBA would rather take a smaller fee from them than a larger fee from us.

I can't believe people are still banging the Adebayor drum. It's been nearly a month since he was seen at VP!

He ain't going to come to us. The way things stand that would be a sideways move!

Showing my age here but i always thought Zaza was a frog?

Nah - she was an actress (and a bad one at that) her and Eddie Albert in Green Acres (and no I don't mean THAT kind of Green Achers)!!! - showing my bloody age now!!

• Like 1

He'd come for sure I think he knows playing for Villa is a good thing for English players....and must realise we are a bigger club than the Baggies...

£24m? I'd take him. That would take our net spend to approximately £35m for one season though but given the extra money starting from next season maybe a gamble Learner would be willing to take.

However I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in Spurs shirt. WBA would rather take a smaller fee from them than a larger fee from us.

I can't believe people are still banging the Adebayor drum. It's been nearly a month since he was seen at VP!

He ain't going to come to us. The way things stand that would be a sideways move!

Would it though? He's currently at a team who are set up not to concede, a strikers worst nightmare. If he came to us he'd have a wealth of attacking players whose main task is get the ball in the box. Who wouldn't want to be on the end of grealish, adama, Gil etc.?

On top of that, if he likes Birmingham and wants a chance to show that he can score, I actually think we have a very good chance of signing him and it absolutely isn't a sideways move!

Would it though? He's currently at a team who are set up not to concede, a strikers worst nightmare. If he came to us he'd have a wealth of attacking players whose main task is get the ball in the box. Who wouldn't want to be on the end of grealish, adama, Gil etc.?

On top of that, if he likes Birmingham and wants a chance to show that he can score, I actually think we have a very good chance of signing him and it absolutely isn't a sideways move!

But we haven't actually shown signs of improvement yet. Work in progress but got a long way to go. The facts are we have finished below them for the past few seasons.

Showing my age here but i always thought Zaza was a frog?

Nah - she was an actress (and a bad one at that) her and Eddie Albert in Green Acres (and no I don't mean THAT kind of Green Achers)!!! - showing my bloody age now!!
Wrong. Green Acres was EVA Gabor, Zsa Zsa's sister.
  • Like 1

But we haven't actually shown signs of improvement yet. Work in progress but got a long way to go. The facts are we have finished below them for the past few seasons.

I suppose itd be down to sherwood to convince him he's the last piece of the puzzle. I know we've finished below them but last season saw us get an exciting attacking manager and them get a manager who 'learnt from his mistake' in playing two forwards at once. I'm confident we'll finish above them this season.