Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Really do not give a flying shite about net spend.

I am more concerned in the quality of players we get in rather than net spend. Stones for 35 million or Amavi for 7-9 million?

Arsenal under for Wenger for years sold of one of their best players say Anelka to Real Madrid and then unearthed players that cost a lot less but still produce good teams.

How about judging this Transfer Window on the quality of the players being brought in (Impressive Timmy - eat more celery to keep those facials going) instead of whinging about net spend.

Is Celery good for jizz production then?

Asking for a friend?

• Like 1

The only thing missing now is another Keita Balde Diao thread.

His agent was definitely putting his name about, if Lazio lose (please, please, please) to Leverkusen then I'd imagine he might switch clubs.

His agent was definitely putting his name about, if Lazio lose (please, please, please) to Leverkusen then I'd imagine he might switch clubs.

He's going leave because he's not getting game time..where would he get that with us? I mean he's amazing quality but we signed Adama already and that's that position covered. Sure he can play LW but then where would leave our Jack. Not going happen.

Edited by Alakagom

He's going leave because he's not getting game time..where would he get that with us? I mean he's amazing quality but we signed Adama already and that's that position covered. Sure he can play LW but then where would leave our Jack. Not going happen.

Keita Left, Grealish central and Traoré on the right behind a striker is pretty awesome. I don't think it will happen either, especially if they get in the CL groups. Keita played quite a bit last season, he would fancy his chances of playing CL football I would think.

Keita Left, Grealish central and Traoré on the right behind a striker is pretty awesome. I don't think it will happen either, especially if they get in the CL groups. Keita played quite a bit last season, he would fancy his chances of playing CL football I would think.

Not really, that's why he wants to leave in first place it seems.

''Lazio winger Keita Balde Diao’s transfer request has reportedly alerted several Serie A clubs, with Inter believed to be favourites for his signature.

The Biancocelesti were left stunned yesterday when the hot prospect demanded a move after becoming fed up of warming the Lazio bench behind Felipe Anderson and Antonio Candreva.

It was reported on Sunday that Premier League giants Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking the 20-year-old, who is valued at €15m.

However, the Italian press has today linked the Spaniard to several Serie A sides and Gazzetta dello Sport believe that Inter are the closest to a deal.

The Nerazzurri are on the hunt for a wide attacker, but could face competition from the likes of Juventus, Fiorentina and Torino according to Tuttosport.

Keita was limited to six league starts last season thanks to the emergence of Anderson, and the arrival of Ricardo Kishna from Ajax this summer could further decrease his opportunities in Rome. ''

If he is superior to Jack it leaves Jack getting splinters on the bench

Not really, that's why he wants to leave in first place it seems.

''Lazio winger Keita Balde Diao’s transfer request has reportedly alerted several Serie A clubs, with Inter believed to be favourites for his signature.

The Biancocelesti were left stunned yesterday when the hot prospect demanded a move after becoming fed up of warming the Lazio bench behind Felipe Anderson and Antonio Candreva.

It was reported on Sunday that Premier League giants Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking the 20-year-old, who is valued at €15m.

However, the Italian press has today linked the Spaniard to several Serie A sides and Gazzetta dello Sport believe that Inter are the closest to a deal.

The Nerazzurri are on the hunt for a wide attacker, but could face competition from the likes of Juventus, Fiorentina and Torino according to Tuttosport.

Keita was limited to six league starts last season thanks to the emergence of Anderson, and the arrival of Ricardo Kishna from Ajax this summer could further decrease his opportunities in Rome. ''

He played in 23 games last season and 25 the season before that, admittedly the 2013-2014 campaign being his breakthrough year he made more of an impact and yes Felipe Anderson has been very good. Don't know if it's 6 starts and 17 times off the bench, but he did play quite a bit last season, less than the one before but he's hardly an ignored youngster who can't get a game.

OK, a new centre back and preferably get rid of some of the shite and I think we're good to go!  What an amazing summer window.  Hats off to everyone involved.  This promises to be one of the most interesting seasons we've had in a long long time.

• Like 1

I'm still hoping for 2-3 more players coming in...  another CB to fill Senderos/Baker slot, another CM for squad depth, and a loan for another ST.

Frankly, I think all 3 of these slots could just be squad/rotation type players, perhaps a young player on loan or something.  Very exciting times for Villa.  I have not been this excited to watch Villa since the early 90s when the Premier League was created and we challenged for titles.

UTV!

This window has been absolutely fantastic indeed. I can't remember being this excited for a season in what feels like an eternity. Call it a dose of hubris, but I think we can bring the game to manure today. it would be the icing on the proverbial cake if we smashed the ever living shi'ite out of that 20 year curse. I image Birmingham would blow up and cause some form of tear in the fabric of the multiverse should that happen. Exciting times!

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2