Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Bacuna - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Veretout - Gueye

Adama      Grealish       Keita

Gestede

I'd blow my load if we ever put out that team. 

• Like 4

I'd guess if we dont get Adebayor they will give Kozak a go as the back up to Rudy.

I for one am not too worried about that. I think with the players we have now they will create chances and while he does have limitations he looks a decent finisher to me.

I agree with this. I think we are trying to move away from relying on our center forward creating his own goals out of nothing.

I want Adebayor, but I don't think we *need* him if we continue playing two of Grealish, Gil, Ayew, Traore and Gabby as well.  

I'd guess if we dont get Adebayor they will give Kozak a go as the back up to Rudy.

I for one am not too worried about that. I think with the players we have now they will create chances and while he does have limitations he looks a decent finisher to me.

True. Just think it would be good to have a man at the top who can link well with the other guys as well as putting the ball in. Adebayor is capable for sure. Gestede - maybe, haven.t seen enough of him, similar for Ayew. 

Kozak ain't much of a footballer but I would agree that if you put a decent side behind him he'd score a fair few. 

I think TS had planned to play 2 strikers but the way this summer is going I think it'll be a 1 up most of the time so I don't think we need Adebayor. Rudy and Kozak can cover the target man role with Gabby and Ayew as back up or partner. If we are in for this Keita fella we'd have some midfield options but being greedy I'd still want a proper CM after Gueye and Veretout we are very bare.

True. Just think it would be good to have a man at the top who can link well with the other guys as well as putting the ball in. Adebayor is capable for sure. Gestede - maybe, haven.t seen enough of him, similar for Ayew. 

Kozak ain't much of a footballer but I would agree that if you put a decent side behind him he'd score a fair few. 

Kozak ain't much of a footballer? Eh? Decent passing, neat touch, good in the air and striking a shot, great linking up play, strong positioning....the only thing he doesn't have is athleticism, and that makes him tougher to use in the modern game.

He's not much of an athlete, but a footballer he definitely is.

Looking at trying to bring in jose fonte from saints according to ssn

Doubt it. He's their club captain, best defender, and they are short at the back.

Fabian Delph was our captain, best midfielder and we were short in midfield.

More excited about the Keita links than I am about the Praet ones. To have to exciting wide players will make such a difference to our squad. 

We really don't need him, in my opinion, and I would actually be disappointed to see another attacking midfield player coming in. We have more than enough at the moment. If we are to strengthen anywhere else, it has to be CB and/or CF, anything else would be detrimental now. Too many cooks and all that.

We're actually getting to the stage where we're looking to replace Ayew from the starting line up! Our most expensive summer signing.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 3