Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Nzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzogbia

Tonev

Bennett

Gardner

Senderos

Steer (loan)

next out in that order. preferably starting today. with the first one.

I don't see a huge rush in terms of shifting players on, although it would be better to than not of course. Aside from Nzogbia, who is probably close to earning a week what the rest of those do combined.

Nzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzogbia

Tonev

Bennett

Gardner

Senderos

Steer (loan)

I don't see a huge rush in terms of shifting players on, although it would be better to than not of course. Aside from Nzogbia, who is probably close to earning a week what the rest of those do combined.

Of course there is a rush, we have a limited period in which to shift them or we are stuck with them and their wages.

Some players if we don't shift them are not even going to make our squad.

So the sooner we can get rid the better.

Although Bennett isn't one we are trying to shift.

• Like 1

Nzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzogbia

Tonev

Bennett

Gardner

Senderos

Steer (loan)

Of course there is a rush, we have a limited period in which to shift them or we are stuck with them and their wages.

Some players if we don't shift them are not even going to make our squad.

So the sooner we can get rid the better.

There are still three weeks left.

I guess I didn't really articulate myself very well as I do think we should be moving players, especially the unwanted big earners like Nzogbia which I would class a a priority. But for the few others in the £10-20k bracket, by no huge rush I mean I wouldn't want to have more priority on moving them on than bringing players in as there is still plenty of time. Even if we are left with some it wouldn't break the bank until Janurary or what not, especially as we've already moved on a number of high earners and got replacements on what I would assume are substantially reduced wages.

While I would definitely be on Trent's page in the sense that shifting the dross is better done sooner than later, the fact that they're dross and probably should be at a lower level means we could still avail of the loan window to the championship (or below) even when the transfer window is shut. So all is not lost, precisely because those players might have to move downwards.

I regards to wages we cleared over 200k just on Bent, Benteke, Delph and Vlaar. Also only RIchards would be on more 30K out of our new signings. Then you still have to account for Givens 50k per week. So I would guess we still have room for maneuver in that respect. Personally like to sound of Traore, definitely need a quality CB (as I see Richards as more of a RB). Then throw in Cambiasso and we're good to go.

There are still three weeks left.

I guess I didn't really articulate myself very well as I do think we should be moving players, especially the unwanted big earners like Nzogbia which I would class a a priority. But for the few others in the £10-20k bracket, by no huge rush I mean I wouldn't want to have more priority on moving them on than bringing players in as there is still plenty of time. Even if we are left with some it wouldn't break the bank until Janurary or what not, especially as we've already moved on a number of high earners and got replacements on what I would assume are substantially reduced wages.

More including the loan window as BOF mentions.

Nonetheless the clock is ticking and other clubs like us have unless they are Arsenal done the bulk of their business, so there is a rush.

I've posted on one thread or another about our new found ability to multitask this window, in the past renewing contracts of players was left until after windows closed with varying degrees of success. We seem to have learned from our previous mistakes and have more hands on deck these days than in the past.

So I don't think our efforts to sell players are directly impacting on efforts to sign them, although they may do indirectly. 

I was just doing some back of a fag packet maths and I figure about £8m of wages will go out the door over the next year on players seemingly not in our plans. (assuming none leave)

:(

If no one wants the deadwood then simple. Right click > Contract > Terminate Contract

You still end up paying the exact same amount as you have to pay-off their contract. Might as well keep them in case you can get a loan fee or something for them.  

Plus they might be using an Apple Mac...

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I regards to wages we cleared over 200k just on Bent, Benteke, Delph and Vlaar. Also only RIchards would be on more 30K out of our new signings. Then you still have to account for Givens 50k per week. So I would guess we still have room for maneuver in that respect. Personally like to sound of Traore, definitely need a quality CB (as I see Richards as more of a RB). Then throw in Cambiasso and we're good to go.

Richards will be playing CB all season, and Cambiasso has recently joined Olimpiakos

• Like 2

I think we need to swoop for Eva Carneiro now. Fallen down the pecking order at a top four club, proven track record, still in her prime, must be ready for a move. Get it done Tim (but go easy on the facials)

I'd Keegan it if that happened.

I think we need to swoop for Eva Carneiro now. Fallen down the pecking order at a top four club, proven track record, still in her prime, must be ready for a move. Get it done Tim (but go easy on the facials)

I'd Keegan it if that happened.

you'd fail as Newcastle manager?

Aston Villa are considering a move for Scotland Under-18 star Alex Iacovitti.
The Nottingham Forest centre back, who can also play left back, is only 17 but has produced a number of impressive performances for Forest’s under-18 and under-21 teams.
The Premier League side are now plotting a move after he was recommended by Kevin McDonald, Forest’s former academy manager, who now works at Villa. (Nottingham Post)