Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It's possible that Traore and Keita are not necessarily first team players for this season (perhaps only squad players). I have banged on for years that Spurs have been pretty smart at picking up players very young and bringing them through after a couple of years in the reserves/youth teams, so I suspect Timmy has been part of that. These guys will need to adapt to English football, but are young and I trust management to get this right.

For far too long we have only focused on bringing in first team starters with the result that unless our youth team produce another Cahill or Gary Shaw, we'll be doing it again next year - all of which comes at a premium.

• Like 1

So basically Ive woken up today to talk of

6m on a nipper winger from Barca

20m defender from Monaco guy

2.5m on danish Ajax defender guy

7.5m on Lazio left winger /forward guy

15m on Townsend

This leaves me with only one question.

Just what the actual **** is going on?

So basically Ive woken up today to talk of

15m on Townsend

This leaves me with only one question.

Just what the actual **** is going on?

We'll buy all of them just for a laugh.

• Like 1

It's possible that Traore and Keita are not necessarily first team players for this season (perhaps only squad players). I have banged on for years that Spurs have been pretty smart at picking up players very young and bringing them through after a couple of years in the reserves/youth teams, so I suspect Timmy has been part of that. These guys will need to adapt to English football, but are young and I trust management to get this right.

For far too long we have only focused on bringing in first team starters with the result that unless our youth team produce another Cahill or Gary Shaw, we'll be doing it again next year - all of which comes at a premium.

It seems that the reason Adama wants to leave Barcelona is because of not being included in their first team pre-season set up. If this is true, would he come here without the promise of a shot at first team football immediately? I'm not sure.  

Edited by VERB27

We have to shift players surely? Or wage bill is going to be huge otherwise

We have shifted some to be fair.

Plus with the impending new TV deal, a larger wage bill isn't as much of an issue.

I can't believe that, after what happened before, even Randy would allow the wages to spiral out of control again.

15m on Townsend

pfkcw.jpg

Townsend better not happen.

• Like 1

Townsend would be an awful signing. He scores screamers every 20-30 games and that is about it. Which would be OK if he was coming to be a back-up player and we didn't already have better players in his position and he wasn't at Spurs, and wasn't English, inflating his value by roughly 500%.

No thank you.

• Like 1

He looks pretty promising judging from a few yt-vids. good ball-control and doesn't look afraid to take on defenders. not as impressive as the things I saw from Traore, but then again, these serie A defenders are a tad better than the resistance Traore has faced.