Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Another forward seems odd. I don't know Corriere dello Sport or how reliable they are.

Corriere and the Gazzetta print more or less the same level of garbage/gossip as the english media. They are generally amongst the first mainstream outlets to break a real story though too.

That link was Calciomercato though (football market) and they seem to be an agents fave place to get something out that they want in the press. Quite often a rumour starts there and then the rest use that as a source, even though the original calciomercato piece is like 40 words with no supporting quotes or evidence at all.

• Like 1

Keita is predominantly left sided, am I right in saying Traore is right sided? 

Maybe we want both :)

I think the Keita link is tenuous though, his agent is definitely trying to flog him, links here to Inter not just prem clubs.

Keita is predominantly left sided, am I right in saying Traore is right sided? 

Maybe we want both :)

I think the Keita link is tenuous though, his agent is definitely trying to flog him, links here to Inter not just prem clubs.

Traore is double-footed (footydextrous??) so I reckon he could be played on either wing really.

Edited by osmark86

I'd doubt there is much in it to be honest but just out of interest what are your thoughts on him Romavillan?

Great prospect if you ask me, but we have Grealish :) 

He can beat a man, has an eye for goal, has been brought up well in Spain at Barca and whatever you may think about Serie A it's technical and you don't tend to get a game unless you have good first touch etc. He's quick too. Was a factor in Lazio having a great year last year. If we hadn't already got Veretout level of players this window I'd say he was out of our league, he's only 20 though so that might help. I'm not sure why he'd be hasty to leave, if they beat Leverkusen they are in the groups for the CL I think.

I'd doubt there is much in it to be honest but just out of interest what are your thoughts on him Romavillan?

He can beat a man, has an eye for goal, has been brought up well in Spain at Barca and whatever you may think about Serie A it's technical and you don't tend to get a game unless you have good first touch etc. He's quick too. Was a factor in Lazio having a great year last year. If we hadn't already got Veretout level of players this window I'd say he was out of our league, he's only 20 though so that might help. I'm not sure why he'd be hasty to leave, if they beat Leverkusen they are in the groups for the CL I think.

A bit too much of an eye for goal in my opinion, loses track of others positioning and prefers to dribble than put in a cross when there's men open...however he's a kid, he's talented and we're Villa...we shouldn't complain about the selfish who actually have an end product. Plus good players leave us at a profit, no harm in us being a selling club. Worked out well this summer.

Adama was crazy enough, I don't think Keita is another real option. If they were both real options surely we'd have used the Ayew money instead. Those two down the wings would negate our need for a bench full of strikers.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

A bit too much of an eye for goal in my opinion, loses track of others positioning and prefers to dribble than put in a cross when there's men open...however he's a kid, he's talented and we're Villa...we shouldn't complain about the selfish who actually have an end product. Plus good players leave us at a profit, no harm in us being a selling club. Worked out well this summer.

Adama was crazy enough, I don't think Keita is another real option. If they were both real options surely we'd have used the Ayew money instead. Those two down the wings would negate our need for a bench full of strikers.

Yeah he's not going to be a left back any time soon. He does get his head down and can be selfish, but he has real talent and great quick feet. Keita and Traore would be insane but yeah you're right, why would we have spent that money on Ayew if we thought we could get this pair? I can see him going to Inter if he moves, if Lazio beat Leverkusen I can see him staying put.

We have to shift players surely? Or wage bill is going to be huge otherwise

Don't care, we need quality in, if the wage bill swells then so be it, we're not club accountants.

This.

After last time I would be pretty confident the club won't let the wage bill spiral out of control, and are only sanctioning deals the club can afford going forward.

I seem to remember clearing a huge part of the wage bill in the early summer. Granted we've filled it back up but I think squad places rather than wages is the issue right now.

Assuming there will be a number going out on loan once we are finished in the market.

We have to shift players surely? Or wage bill is going to be huge otherwise

Has to be some truth in that.

I wonder whether the players re-signing are re-signing for a lot more? Also I doubt the newbies will be on Tekkers, Given and Delph like salaries so that's a real bonus. 

Plus it's a season hit, with N'Zog going at the end of the year and Senderos, Richardson and Cole to follow we're shifting a lot, so staying up (having a big squad helps) will mean next year things look a lot rosier.