Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

All these changes -- what's done and what could come -- both excite and unsettle me. We have a whole new squad -- or that's how it feels -- but anyone who says they know what it all means is a liar or a fool -- or ingeniously prescient. 

• Like 1

never before have i lost track of transfer rumours within a window, i think that's a good thing.

with how sherwood is working, he's not giving himself any options come january, another thing to consider, we may have sold more than what we've made, but surely transfer fees, agent fees and signing on fees have out-weighed the balance of kitty? i know it's not our concern and we should be excited, but we all know that we have a chairman as stingy as doug ellis, and the spending doesn't seem to be slowing down.

#headspin

Transfer & TV Money. Plus prior to the incomings our wage bill was dramatically reduced. Randy Lerner hasn't really been stingy either imo, he just got stung by mismanagement of his initial investment in the club and has had to restructure. Also I don't think we will need options come January if they get the transfers right now as we will have enough depth all through the squad.

I did say about 100 pages ago that I would be happy holding back a few quid for January...

This is quite some gamble - all these new players and a rookie manager. Hope to **** it works out, but it's certainly exciting. One more striker needed for me though if I'm being greedy.

No more of a gamble than we have been taking the last 4-5 years. At least we are finally buying some real quality and that isn't much of a gamble imo especially for the prices we are purchasing for. I think every player we have brought in bar maybe Crespo could be sold for a profit in a year or 2. 

• Like 1

CB next to follow the chap from Barca is my bet.

I still pretty confident we will get in a keeper. Lindegaard Anyone?

Was highly rated before going to utd, but hasn't played a lot of first team football for a few yrs. But yes at a low price don't see why not

CB next to follow the chap from Barca is my bet.

I still pretty confident we will get in a keeper. Lindegaard Anyone?

Was highly rated before going to utd, but hasn't played a lot of first team football for a few yrs. But yes at a low price don't see why not

There was talk of a free.

Grealish can be the main LW (with Sinclair as back-up [who we know was originally not in Sherwood's plans]). Gil and Traore could rotate RW etc. etc.

Too many brackets (in my [humble] opinion) to secure a 'Like'. Revise and resubmit.

Sorry Donnie

Can't believe we're getting Christian Benteke back!

Plop can keep him... Gestede 1, Benteke 0. We've obviously moved on to better things.

I do think we'll see at least one more attacking player come in this window though.

Grealish can be the main LW (with Sinclair as back-up [who we know was originally not in Sherwood's plans]). Gil and Traore could rotate RW etc. etc.

Too many brackets (in my [humble] opinion) to secure a 'Like'. Revise and resubmit.

Sorry Donnie

Donnie? Darko? Brasco?

Parenthetical comment time: Fab is a pal of mine in real life, I wasn't being serious.