Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

never before have i lost track of transfer rumours within a window, i think that's a good thing.

with how sherwood is working, he's not giving himself any options come january, another thing to consider, we may have sold more than what we've made, but surely transfer fees, agent fees and signing on fees have out-weighed the balance of kitty? i know it's not our concern and we should be excited, but we all know that we have a chairman as stingy as doug ellis, and the spending doesn't seem to be slowing down.

#headspin

I did say about 100 pages ago that I would be happy holding back a few quid for January...

This is quite some gamble - all these new players and a rookie manager. Hope to **** it works out, but it's certainly exciting. One more striker needed for me though if I'm being greedy.

never before have i lost track of transfer rumours within a window, i think that's a good thing.

with how sherwood is working, he's not giving himself any options come january, another thing to consider, we may have sold more than what we've made, but surely transfer fees, agent fees and signing on fees have out-weighed the balance of kitty? i know it's not our concern and we should be excited, but we all know that we have a chairman as stingy as doug ellis, and the spending doesn't seem to be slowing down.

#headspin

If we've spent more and it's not slowing down then how the **** can he be stingier than Ellis don't make sense? No one can be stingier than that old knob.

CB next to follow the chap from Barca is my bet.

That quote is bizarre.. Aston Villa casually looking for a CB while doing business with Barcelona!! I feel like I'm dreaming, when did Aston Villa get such a good and confident scouting network that not even Barcelona is out of our league. A few seasons ago it seemed like Championship players were out of our league the amount of League 1 and 2 players we were buying, now we're just raiding Barcelona cause why not? Bizarre.. I can't wrap my head around it, ambition feels weird..

We have the European Central Bank to thank for looking to France and Spain. ECB policies in the past couple of years have made the pound-euro exchange rate much better for European "exports".

Wow I have suddenly found the excitement of being a villa fan again this has been the best thing that has happened at villa for years. I think once Tim & Ray get them to click we could look forward to some exciting matches. What a way to blow away the Lambert years!

Only saw seen Abdennour play once before against Arsenal in the CL last year and he was absolutely mint. Proper defender who was strong, quick, left footed, read the game well and could play a bit too. Sadly, I can't see anything in this one and most of the big guns are looking at him but would be an amazing signing if we could pull it off, would be the biggest coup out of all the summer signings if we could get him IMO and that's saying a lot

I'm just glad we signed players like Amavi, Veretout, Gueye, Gestede, Richards and Ayew first.. I'd be super embarrassed rather than excited for Traore coming here if most of last-seasons squad was still in the starting XI.. Could you imagine being a player of Traore's class coming to a club where before this season 80% of the players here could barely pass let alone control the ball convincingly..

No, no, no. I don't believe any more of this.

I'm a Villa fan; I live in Birmingham; I have two children... things don't just go this well. There must be despondency, resignation, misery and drowning of sorrows.

I'm not ready to reassess my entire life just because Tim Cockney Sherwood decides to revitalise the Villa. What next? He's gonna pop round on Friday evenings offering to babysit? Stuff and nonsense.

Yep just when I thought that was all our business done the quality of the target go up a notch!! could we be seeing the class of 2015/2016 keep this group together for a couple of seasons!