Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

he has been utter class at times for Swansea, not sure why they loaned him to Napoli other than for fitness?

An article I read today had Gary Monk insisting HE is the one who wanted to leave.

I didn't know Gary Monk had left

He has not. lol. I meant he isnisted that Michu is the one who asked for moves, and was not forced out. Thus they moved on without him.

• Like 1

I really don't understand the Gabby hate. I know he doesn't contribute as much as we'd like, but the way some people here talk about him I can only imagine he is **** their wives. 

If he doesn't contribute, what use is he? He may be 'Villa through and through', but fans sit in the stands, players on the pitch - age old rule ;-)

• Like 2

I really don't understand the Gabby hate. I know he doesn't contribute as much as we'd like, but the way some people here talk about him I can only imagine he is **** their wives. 

If he doesn't contribute, what use is he? He may be 'Villa through and through', but fans sit in the stands, players on the pitch - age old rule ;-)

I'm not saying there should be a big love in, or even that everyone should like him. I just don't understand where the hate comes from. We've had plenty of players who contribute less than Gabby. He normally comes good for at least 4-5 games a season so he doesn't contribute nothing. 

• Like 1

I'm not saying there should be a big love in, or even that everyone should like him. I just don't understand where the hate comes from. We've had plenty of players who contribute less than Gabby. He normally comes good for at least 4-5 games a season so he doesn't contribute nothing. 

How can you be happy with a player who's on 50k a week playing 4-5 good games a season (that's being generous). I'm sorry but he's been baggage for to long and has contributed to us being far down the league.

Michu is really just a younger Joe Cole but with some additional 'baggage' and frankly has achieved less in his career.  Sure when on song he is a class act, but you can say that about many players (Balotelli....).  There is no doubt a reason why he wasn't snapped up by a bigger club after his breakout season with Swansea, and there is clearly a reason why he hasn't managed to find a new club this following following his fall out with Swansea.  

Would far rather see us play Gill and Grealish with Cole as backup in that attacking role.

I think the answer is in there somewhere..

How can you be happy with a player who's on 50k a week playing 4-5 good games a season (that's being generous). I'm sorry but he's been baggage for to long and has contributed to us being far down the league.

If he hadn't come through the youth ranks, I very much doubt he'd still be at the club..

He contributes very little most of the time, his technical skills are really not great, so when he gets in good attacking positions he is rarely to punish the opposition either by scoring or setting up scoring opportunities, he is not a great finisher, he does have pace though....

Plus he takes up a spot that be utilised more effectively by a better / different player.  All that for 50k a week...  

I don't hate him per sae, but he is one of if not the weakest links in our team, yet seems almost guaranteed a starting spot if fit, and collects way more $$$ than he is actually worth.

If he were on say 20k a week, started 10-15 times a year, and mostly came on as impact sub to inject some pace into our attack, it'd be a very different story.  

• Like 1

If he hadn't come through the youth ranks, I very much doubt he'd still be at the club..

He contributes very little most of the time, his technical skills are really not great, so when he gets in good attacking positions he is rarely to punish the opposition either by scoring or setting up scoring opportunities, he is not a great finisher, he does have pace though....

Plus he takes up a spot that be utilised more effectively by a better / different player.  All that for 50k a week...  

I don't hate him per sae, but he is one of if not the weakest links in our team, yet seems almost guaranteed a starting spot if fit, and collects way more $$$ than he is actually worth.

If he were on say 20k a week, started 10-15 times a year, and mostly came on as impact sub to inject some pace into our attack, it'd be a very different story.  

I think your use of 'hate' is misplaced, more 'fed up' or 'irritated'. If Gabby had a brain to inform where he ran or what he did when he got there, we'd all be a lot more forgiving. He's definitely trying, though - I'll give him that!

I'm not happy with it, and he shouldn't be first name on the team sheet anymore. It's the hate he seems to get I don't understand. He generally tries, and it's not his fault he's on £50k a week or that he doesn't get dropped. 

I'm not happy with it, and he shouldn't be first name on the team sheet anymore. It's the hate he seems to get I don't understand. He generally tries, and it's not his fault he's on £50k a week or that he doesn't get dropped. 

He generally tries... grrrr!

This This This.... is why Villa are Villa, he's been rubbish for ages... oh, but he runs around aimlessly a bit.... oh, plz accept my apologies, what a wonderful player.

Standards need to improve across the board, fan expectations too

Tim should convert Scott Sinclair into a pure striker instead of signing Michu IMO

I thought that Michu's ankle was spaghetti these days

Sinclair up top/swapping around with Jack is defo something that Tim et al. should look into

There are certain times when Gabby is effective but there is no way he should be a first choice starter.

It tends to be when a new manager comes in, or at the start of the season he puts a good run together, then misses a few games with a niggle and then never gets going again. I don't think there's any hate from anyone, like there's been misplaced hate for the likes of Vlaar or Lambert IMO, just frustration with his limitations. Hopefully he will get phased out of the team and play a bit part sub role in future.

• Like 1