Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

All gone a bit meh?

Srs?

We signed a player for £7-10m on Friday.

Meant in terms of the actual links. Yeah we've done a lot but I think it's clear that we probably still need to strengthen in certain areas. The links we've had in those areas over the last few days have been a bit 'meh'

Links mean very little though.  Journos can (and do) make up whatever they want.  It only matters who we sign, and who we've signed has been pretty good.  It wouldn't make me feel any better being linked to all and sundry.  But that's just me.

All gone a bit meh?

Srs?

What sort of nonsense is this?

Would you tell a drug addict, "srs? you had some drugs on Friday"? Would you tell a 40-a-day smoker, "come on, you had a cigarette last week?"

If Tim didn't want us to get hooked on signings like this he shouldn't have been such an effective pusher. Now we need our next hit!

I can't go cold turkey the whole rest of the transfer window...

• Like 2

Links mean very little though.  Journos can (and do) make up whatever they want.  It only matters who we sign, and who we've signed has been pretty good.  It wouldn't make me feel any better being linked to all and sundry.  But that's just me.

x-all-the-y-meme-generator-post-all-the-

All gone a bit meh?

Srs?

Meant in terms of the actual links. Yeah we've done a lot but I think it's clear that we probably still need to strengthen in certain areas. The links we've had in those areas over the last few days have been a bit 'meh'

We were linked with Huddlestone and Livermore, then we signed Gana and Veretout.

Being negative about links (and I was guilty of this in the past) is a waste of energy.

No to Lescott for me. We should be looking at a signing that gets fans excited. Like with Amavi. This is why I hope the Balanta rumours are true.

We need some solid players with premiership experience, I think us fans have had plenty of exciting signings so far this summer. Lescott or Fonte would be good additions to compliment what we already have at the back.
  • Like 1

No to Lescott for me. We should be looking at a signing that gets fans excited. Like with Amavi. This is why I hope the Balanta rumours are true.

We need some solid players with premiership experience, I think us fans have had plenty of exciting signings so far this summer. Lescott or Fonte would be good additions to compliment what we already have at the back.
agree wholeheartedly. Seen a lot of people very against this, particularly lescott. I am a fan of his, a solid no-nonsense defender is being used poorly at Brom. I think bring him in as back up (still a while from Okore returning) particularly if we lose Senderos. I think both joleon and Phillippe is overkill but I like the idea of one proven premier league CB as a backup.

Randy Lerner's free spending this summer has dashed all talk of comparisons with former penny pinching supremo, Douglas Irbid Ellis.

LOL you sure? what has he spent aside from the money received in fees?