Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Nixon saying fee agreed for Gestede and the move is on.

Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy! (*To the tune of Kaiser Chiefs Ruby*).

AFAIK Nixon is actually ITK at Blackburn. IIRC he's a Blackburn supporter and has good connections there.

Partick Thistle I think.  But he is very much in with Blackburn.

I think it's smart from Sherwood. Putting the ball in the net was a massive issue last year and our only real hope to do it was one man.

We're getting players in the squad who will all be able to chip in with goals.

• Like 2

A big target man with an eye for goal, good last season.

If it is Kozak, Ayew, Adebayor, Gestede and Agbonlahor i'd be quite happy.

You could arguably pair any of those 2 together and make it work. 

Doesn't his goal record at Cardiff worry anyone else? He's also nearly 27 and never done it outside the championship. 

He's done well at Blackburn but some players just have a good few years at certain clubs. Not convinced. 

Gestede meh, dont see why poor Kozak is not given a chance he has just come back from a bad injury and is scoring goals

Kozak will NEVER be good enough to lead the line for a premier league team. He's a good finisher but apart from that he is literally useless. 

• Like 2

Betting suspended on Gestede joining us - seeming to confirm a fee has been agreed.

I'm not sure why we need him and Adebayor; I think we need a superstar forward (no idea how we get one!) rather than 4 'decent options' - plus Gabby.

Be gutted if Kozak leaves after this. Has looked a handful in pre season. But Gestede seems like a good buy, especially for around £5-7 mil. 20 goals last year in the championship is pretty good, reckon he could kick on and have a Austin/Ings type season for us.

After Ade and Rudy, we need a winger or attacking mid to help provide the chances for our strikers. If you look at our squad, after Grealish and Gil, I see no creativity whatsoever. Hope we get Veretout or Praet or someone of that ilk.

Don't think we need both Gestede and Adebayor and as much as Adebayor might be good for a season he won't be "ours" so I hope Gestede is a different option that we take.

Would also bugger Spurs in the process