Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

Depending on who goes I think we're in a decent position transfer wise and an overhaul isn't needed anyway.

Foreign transfers have mostly worked out which alleviates chairman stress for future gambles, we have a squad of players with young guys in various positions and we've stayed up to be part of next years mega money experience.

Next year we just have to stay up again, I fancy Sherwood achieving that, so anything else league, cup or transfer wise I'll see as a bonus.

Who are we Small Heath? Another relegation battle next season will be hugely disappointing Edited by Arj Guy

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could  be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

That's interesting - where did you see that?

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could  be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

That's interesting - where did you see that?

It was a sentence mostly based on my feelings that a takeover won't happen and so Sherwood will have to work under similar constraints that Lambert had to work with. Going for two Swindon players would suggest this too, it's not as if they're teenagers, they're both in their twenties so I'm sure will be expecting to be in and around the first team.

I think Luongo is less about a transfer policy, and has more to do with Sherwood knowing the player from his time at Spurs.  I don't know much about Gladwin though.

• Like 1

I think Luongo is less about a transfer policy, and has more to do with Sherwood knowing the player from his time at Spurs. I don't know much about Gladwin though.

Agree and even Gladwin was somebody Sherwood listed as one to watch out for in the Football League in a column he did for the Independent last year.

Rising stars to watch out for in the year ahead

These are my three names to look out for in 2015, having watched all of them this season. They are young lads who will require development and my one hope for them all is that, if they do decide to move, they go to clubs where they will play rather than sit on the bench.

Let’s hope their agents don’t push them for the biggest wages straight away. They need to play, and once they build a career the money will follow.

Ben Gladwin, 22, Swindon Town: He came up through non-league, most recently having played for Marlow, and can play a range of positions including centre-half, wing-back and midfield. Uses his size well. Great feet and technically very confident.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tim-sherwood-column-boxing-day-reminds-me-of-the-dreadful-end-to-my-playing-career-9937171.html

Edited by Isa

Linked with micah richards in tomorrow's daily star, i'd take him most definitely, he'd improve the team and squad, although wages may be an issue

He'd be on 3x as much as Lowton and nowhere nearer the first team. 

Linked with micah richards in tomorrow's daily star, i'd take him most definitely, he'd improve the team and squad, although wages may be an issue

Why don't you think he'll any nearer the first team? I think he'd be a good player for us but as i said wages would be a problem

Why don't you think he'll any nearer the first team? I think he'd be a good player for us but as i said wages would be a problem

He can still become the player most thought he'd be 5 years or so ago. If we can get him on a free with a performance related pay deal it'd be a good signing.

• Like 1

He will be available on a free transfer which is probably bad news for us as signing on fee and wages would be very high I would imagine.

If he still had a contract at City we could potentially get him on a loan (with some wages subsidised) but seems he will leave when his contract is up next month.

Think he is out of our league.

Article back in September suggest West Ham were interested but were put off by his wages

Richards, 26, signed for the Serie A club after his wages of around £75,000-a-week proved too big a stumbling block for the Hammers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739561/Micah-Richards-poised-Fiorentina-loan-West-Ham-turn-Manchester-City-outcast.html

If those wages are anywhere near correct he is completely out of our league. He may lower his demands but I would imagine it would still be far too much for us as it stands.

Local press are suggesting that Luongo and Gladwin is a done deal. They are usually right.

There's bound to be some of your youngsters coming our way in exchange. I'd love to hear about who they may be and what they can do....

He can still become the player most thought he'd be 5 years or so ago. If we can get him on a free with a performance related pay deal it'd be a good signing.

Agreed

So it looks like we're signing Gladwin, a player who had a good end to the season in league 1... when we have a player in Gary Gardner who was Nottingham Forests best player in the same position in the division above. Where's the sense in that?

So it looks like we're signing Gladwin, a player who had a good end to the season in league 1... when we have a player in Gary Gardner who was Nottingham Forests best player in the same position in the division above. Where's the sense in that?

Depth......

• Like 1

He can barely get a game at Fiorentina and looked awful against Sevila when he came on a few weeks back

• Like 1

Depth......

Yeah I get that but Gardner, Luango, Sanchez AND Gladwin as backup? Do we really need 3 extra cm's?

Edited by avfcwills10