Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I remember his goal at VP and jumping up and clapping.  I was given a barrage of abuse for it :lol: 

But what a goal!

When Wigan were in the prem they were our curse at home, I remember we only beat them once and that was under McLeish

They used to just turn up and win no matter what

41 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

When Wigan were in the prem they were our curse at home, I remember we only beat them once and that was under McLeish

One of my 1st games at VP was Wigan at home when they got promoted. Thought would be a winnable game 😂

Then Brentford took that spot in the Championship

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I remember when rodallega scored that 40 yard volley on what was I think the opening game of the season, or first home game....helluva goal in a standard 2-0 defeat IiRC 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I remember when rodallega scored that 40 yard volley on what was I think the opening game of the season, or first home game....helluva goal in a standard 2-0 defeat IiRC 

Opening day of the season, think delph started in midfield that game

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Noticed West Brom are interested in Callum Robinson apparently, doesn’t seem to have worked out for him with Sheff Utd.

Sheff Utd have far too many forwards, without any of them being of sufficient quality for their area of the league. They should keep Mousset and McBurnie as back up, maybe Sharp for sentimental reasons, but there's no reason to hang on to McGoldrick or Robinson, and they need a new starter. 

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sheff Utd have far too many forwards, without any of them being of sufficient quality for their area of the league. They should keep Mousset and McBurnie as back up, maybe Sharp for sentimental reasons, but there's no reason to hang on to McGoldrick or Robinson, and they need a new starter. 

McGoldrick is the main striker, he doesn't score but huge impact on the team. Except Sharp, Wilder likes non goalscoring strikers who work for the team

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McGoldrick is the main striker, he doesn't score but huge impact on the team. Except Sharp, Wilder likes non goalscoring strikers who work for the team

I think he's more likely to teach McBurnie or Mousset to work hard than he is to teach McGoldrick to score. 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Valeri Bojinov, think he is youngest player to play in Serie A. Had big clubs chasing him then disappeared

Had two bad injuries at Man. City. Pretty sure he did his ACL in the warm up at VP on opening day of 2008 season (Gabby 7 minute hat trick). Ched Evans came in and made his debut for Man. City that game and think Daniel Sturridge also played for them. Their last game before they were taken over IIRC.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Moussett's done pretty well this season from what I've seen. Very good out ball for them to get up the pitch with his pace.

11 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I miss @Michael118 . 

His mad antics were brilliant. The excellent goalkeeper we should've signed, (according to him) Costel Pantillimon, has failed at Forest and gone on loan to some Cypriot side. Who else did he say he liked as a player?

I'd forgotten about him...

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Out of sheer boredom ended up on a Wikipedia wormhole that started with Diego Tristan, ended up going through some incredibly shit ex west ham strikers

Ilan, kepa Blanco, di Michele, diamante, enner Valencia, maiga, vaz te

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Out of sheer boredom ended up on a Wikipedia wormhole that started with Diego Tristan, ended up going through some incredibly shit ex west ham strikers

Ilan, kepa Blanco, di Michele, diamante, enner Valencia, maiga, vaz te

We were definitely randomly linked with that Kepa guy a few seasons after he left West Ham,

Planet Football has a great article few months back, 45 strikers signed by Gold and Sullivan. Some bizarre players in the list. Haller was in the top 10 and he had only joined. Didnt even remember Carew playing for them

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We were definitely randomly linked with that Kepa guy a few seasons after he left West Ham,

Planet Football has a great article few months back, 45 strikers signed by Gold and Sullivan. Some bizarre players in the list. Haller was in the top 10 and he had only joined. Didnt even remember Carew playing for them

It was either their year in the Championship or the year the came back up. Completely forgot about that until you mentioned it.

On 30/01/2020 at 21:27, Mjvilla said:

I miss @Michael118 . 

His mad antics were brilliant. The excellent goalkeeper we should've signed, (according to him) Costel Pantillimon, has failed at Forest and gone on loan to some Cypriot side. Who else did he say he liked as a player?

Ly9lMIu.jpg

Edited by Michael118

Â