Jump to content
VillaChris

Players you've completely forgotten about

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

didn't play a game for Bolton, ended his deal early

last seen not playing in the isle of man league, couldn't get a game 

Tough league to break into in fairness, the Isle of man prem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

didn't play a game for Bolton, ended his deal early

He wasn't mentally right after losing his Gran for the 7th time. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luis Boamorte, the No. 2 at Everton. What Prem club did he play for again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Luis Boamorte, the No. 2 at Everton. What Prem club did he play for again?

Almost all of them it seemed :lol: 

Fulham and West Ham off the top of my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Almost all of them it seemed :lol: 

Fulham and West Ham off the top of my head

Arsenal to start with. One of Wenger's earlier singings I think? Did they sign him at the same time as Christopher Wreh? 

I think Remi Garde was Wenger's first signing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theo Walcott.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still shit.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Theo Walcott.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still shit.

Should have buried that chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walcott haircut was as bad as his finishing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schneiderlin. Until I saw him in Everton line up, had forgot his existence. Did so well at Southampton but not been the same since

Edited by mikeyp102

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaun Wright Phillips announced his retirement. 

I thought he went about 3 or 4 years ago!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xela said:

Shaun Wright Phillips announced his retirement. 

I thought he went about 3 or 4 years ago!

Surprised they don't wheel out the old 'still young and developing' line about him

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 00:10, maqroll said:

Should have buried that chance.

Yep. The Iwobi and Calvert-Lewin chances were a bit harder, but Walcott's should have been simple for a player of his experience. He constantly flatters to deceive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep. The Iwobi and Calvert-Lewin chances were a bit harder, but Walcott's should have been simple for a player of his experience. He constantly flatters to deceive. 

Still has potential though 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Jermain defoe..... killing it up in Scotland. 🙂

Saw that today - he's now playing for Rangers. Couldn't believe it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Jermain defoe..... killing it up in Scotland. 🙂

He’s always been a good goal scorer, he’ll still be scoring in his 40s at that level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s always been a good goal scorer, he’ll still be scoring in his 40s at that level 

I don't begrudge him that. Just glad the media have stopped linking him with us!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the Bolton thread on Reddit and someone rattled off some great players they've had over the years and one which stood out to me as one I had completely forgotten about was Kevin Nolan.  Great hardworking midfielder and captain for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Reading the Bolton thread on Reddit and someone rattled off some great players they've had over the years and one which stood out to me as one I had completely forgotten about was Kevin Nolan.  Great hardworking midfielder and captain for them.  

Youri Djorkaeff, Jay-Jay Okocha, Ivan Campo, Eidur Gudjohnsen...

They had some cracking players in the late 90s-mid 2000s...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I don't begrudge him that. Just glad the media have stopped linking him with us!

Don't worry January isn't far off....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â