VillaChris

Players you've completely forgotten about

Nigel Reo Coker is still only 30.  Playing in the MLS these days. 

Did Real Madrid get rid already?

The grey haired Italian who played for Middlesbrough

Ah, the Silver Fox!

Reo Coker is actually doing fine in the MLS. His club Montreal is in the concacaf champions league final. 

Roman Pavlychenko....people were raving about him big time at Euro 2008 as part of an admitedly pretty good to watch Russia with Arshavin running amok.

I wasn't convinced and he didn't look anything special at Spurs although better than Soldado was/is.

I was the same. And I remind my mate who said he was incredible every chance I can ;)

Stephan el Shaarawy. Was supposed to be the next big thing but completely forgotten about him until I heard his name recently

He's basically missed two seasons with injury, still only 22 so there is still time for him to realise his potential.   Wouldn't surprise me to see Milan sell him this summer if a big offer comes in given the way they have decided to basically stop competing at the top level because they can't afford to keep up with the big English and Spanish clubs. 

There was a Brazilian who was meant to be the next Pele I can't remember his name, but there used to be a youtube of him taking a corner and heading it into the net himself (I don't think there were any other players on the pitch), was fairly recentish.

1407523089.jpg

Never mind him, whats happened to con??

He's off crying in a room somewhere with just a single burning candle as his only source of light with a picture of Barry Bannan in his hand. 

• Like 1

H. Gomes. I completely forgot he existed til I saw him playing against Millwall the other night.

Can't help but remember GlastonSpur raving about how he was gonna be Schmeichel, Seaman and Spink wrapped up in one.

This thread is begging for someone to pull out an old Panini sticker album or a shoe box full of Pro Set cards.

Also, Ruel Fox.

Darren Huckerby
John Aloisi
That bald Georgian bloke who played for Newcastle
That Croation matey with what could easily be a womans name who played for Derby County
Sander Westerveld

1407523089.jpg

Never mind him, whats happened to con??

He made some sort of bet that if Bannan wasn't in the starting XI for a certain Palace game he'd not mention Bannan again for 3 months or something.

Bannan didn't make the squad and I don't think Con's been back since.

Â