Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I see that that Football Insider outfit who run completely fake stories have another gem out today about Kevin Campbell saying Arsenal should re-sign Sanchez, gave me a good giggle that did.

More chance of Arsenal signing Kevin Campbell, 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was a great striker. Only 31. Just needs to stay fit. He probably won't but let's not disrespect him like he wasn't a proper player.

Don't disagree he WAS fantastic but he's been absolutely crueled by injury, if he hadnt been Im sure he'd still be plying his talents in one of the top european leagues but he hasn't managed to be at that level for a long long time now. He'll still dominate the A-league though and could potentially have a record breaking season if he does stay fit. I was more disparaging the woeful state of football over here than Sturridge, maybe I could have phrased it better.

15 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Don't disagree he WAS fantastic but he's been absolutely crueled by injury, if he hadnt been Im sure he'd still be plying his talents in one of the top european leagues but he hasn't managed to be at that level for a long long time now. He'll still dominate the A-league though and could potentially have a record breaking season if he does stay fit. I was more disparaging the woeful state of football over here than Sturridge, maybe I could have phrased it better.

Nah **** him, crippledick bastard

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I was just reminded that Thiago Alcantara plays for Liverpool.

Brazilian/Spanish/Italian and signed for Liverpool so the best player in the world for a few weeks. Glad that died out sharpish.

*recieves ball, spins out and switches play.

He's a magician!!!!

Edited by rodders0223

Speaking of Everton players, this article has a couple of ones appropriate for this thread:

Chinese football in doldrums as clubs struggle and World Cup dream fades

Couple of extracts:

'Those naturalised players and a fourth, the former Everton defender Tyias Browning, who has Chinese heritage, are at Guangzhou (when the club, with all their foreign stars, said a few years ago that they wanted an all-Chinese squad by 2020, few took it seriously but here it is).'

and

'Evergrande’s involvement in football was always a political project and, among other things, the club bankrolled Marcello Lippi’s tenure as China coach from 2016 to 2019. Another former Everton man, Li Tie, has the national team reins now.'

I have to say, the author seems oddly surprised that Guangzhou Evergrande - majority shareholder, uh, Evergrande - are in financial difficulties. I have to admit I just assumed they would have already gone bust.

On 30/09/2021 at 03:02, OutByEaster? said:

Brad Guzan still plying his trade in MLS with Atlanta - seems a lifetime since he left here, it was only five years ago.

I could have sworn it was closer to 10. Weird. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â