Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lewis Holtby

The man, the myth, the legend.

All I remember hearing was he was this incredible player, and how we should have signed, how we should sign him....every window following his move. Yet everytime I watched him play he would do practically nothing.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 17:03, rodders0223 said:

The man, the myth, the legend.

All I remember hearing was he was this incredible player, and how we should have signed, how we should sign him....every window following his move. Yet everytime I watched him play he would do practically nothing.

He was decent at Schalke coming through but did nothing at Spurs and just warms the bench at Hamburg now.

SHA thread just reminded me of Jordy Claise.

Bit similar to Holtby as I remember in summer 2015 Isa (who was a good poster before he either got banned or just disappeared) was incandescent with rage we weren't competing with Southampton to sign him as he was going to rip up the premier league apparently. Wasn't he being called the new Xavi around that time?!

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

SHA thread just reminded me of Jordy Claise.

Bit similar to Holtby as I remember in summer 2015 Isa (who was a good poster before he either got banned or just disappeared) was incandescent with rage we weren't competing with Southampton to sign him as he was going to rip up the premier league apparently. Wasn't he being called the new Xavi around that time?!

he has been a major disappointment if honest, had potential but as seen before Dutch league to Premier League a major step up

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 22:24, VillaChris said:

Mikael Forssell.

I believe he's still playing in Finland and still only mid 30s.

Was desperate for us to sign him that one year he was on fire at SHA as I think he'd have been fantastic with Angel but he did his knee soon after and was never really the same force again.

One of the biggest "what if" stories in finnish football, he had a very good potential but never (got to) fullfil it. Could've been our best attacking player after Litmanen.

Edited by Jarpie

Â