Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Remember american teen sensation Freddy Adu? "The next Pele"

Seen here trying to sell Campbell soup to make a buck.

Bildresultat för freddy adu

Well he's 27 now and is supposedly being shopped to Swedish second division clubs by his agent.

Still no takers.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Juninho, the Lyon one that scored any free kick inside the other teams half.

That 2004-6 Lyon team was insane.

Benzema, Essien, Govou, Wiltord, Diarra, Abidal, Ben Arfa.

Would have likely won the champions league if they didn't exist at the same time as Milan.

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Juninho, the Lyon one that scored any free kick inside the other teams half.

That 2004-6 Lyon team was insane.

Benzema, Essien, Govou, Wiltord, Diarra, Abidal, Ben Arfa.

Would have likely won the champions league if they didn't exist at the same time as Milan.

Tiago, Carew, Malouda as well and gave big teams some beatings like Real Madrid. They probably had a better keeper and centre back they would have done damage.

Think their best season in Europe was 2010 when their domestic dominance was just over

Houllier was manager back then wasn't he...was similar decent at that stage rather than the semi retired guy that turned up here. Can't remember the year but think it was 2007 when they were very close to knocking Meelan out who went on to win it.

Back to this thread, Kevin Doyle. Haven't heard his name for ages but still getting called up to ROI.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Back to this thread, Kevin Doyle. Haven't heard his name for ages but still getting called up to ROI.

I liked him when he was at Reading and Wolves. worked his socks off and hard worker but never prolific similar to Long. His record in USA doesnt look great from outside

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I liked him when he was at Reading and Wolves. worked his socks off and hard worker but never prolific similar to Long. His record in USA doesnt look great from outside

Remember the days when he was linked to us (under MON of course) and Arsenal for about 15m.

I liked him too at Wolves but he was never a good enough finisher for 15-20 goals so would've flopped I reckon. In any case stayed at Wolves too long.

On 24/03/2017 at 18:26, VillaChris said:

Remember the days when he was linked to us (under MON of course) and Arsenal for about 15m.

I liked him too at Wolves but he was never a good enough finisher for 15-20 goals so would've flopped I reckon. In any case stayed at Wolves too long.

Him and Dave Kitson. I think reading got over 100 points and about a billion goals when they got promoted. What a force.

Both went elsewhere and flopped. The sum is greater than it's parts..

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

On the subject of that Reading team, Leroy Lita was there too and got a decent haul of goals. Then dissapeared up his own arse and now at the ripe old age of 32 is playing in Thailand after being released by Yeovil.

Lita was another player linked with us iirc, I was reading about him the other day when sky did an article about the first game at new Wembley, England v Italy u21s

that team was littered with rubbish, only Gary Cahill has gone on to achieve anything 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Him and Dave Kitson. I think reading got over 100 points and about a billion goals when they got promoted. What a force.

Both went elsewhere and flopped. The sum is greater than it's parts..

Doyle, Long, Lita, Hunt and Kitson

A decent strike force over a couple of years

On 3/24/2017 at 11:05, VillaChris said:

Houllier was manager back then wasn't he...was similar decent at that stage rather than the semi retired guy that turned up here. Can't remember the year but think it was 2007 when they were very close to knocking Meelan out who went on to win it.

i couldn't even tell you (without checking up) who Kevin Doyle plays for now.....

On 3/24/2017 at 13:24, Zatman said:

works his socks off and hard worker......shiiiiiit sign him up ;)

Frederic Kanoute. 

And when I say 'I've completely forgotten about' him, what I actually mean is I've spent a very disturbing 9 hours of sleep, dreaming a dream in which I tried to find the correct terms to enter onto a database to find his name.

I hate my head. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Loic Remy 

Frazier Campbell - remarkably he played for England

had to google that, was in the time of his 1 goal season at Sunderland :lol:

ah it was under Stuart Pearce so not a real manager

Â