Ratings and Reactions: Tottenham - Villa

limpid

Ref was trying his best for Spurs but we clung on. Hull and Sunderland losing makes this a great day.

thought he had a bit of a shoker ... we should have had about 37  free kicks in the build up before Sanchez got the second yellow ..and the same again before the mini punch up

• Like 2

I'll admit I thought we had absolutely no chance today before the game.

But we got the three points and it was fully deserved and could have been more than 1-0. Fantastic work from the players and Sherwood!

Good preparation for the semi final. Only negatives are the injuries to Clark, Gabby, Delph (looked like he was limping) and the suspension for Sanchez.

Benteke is in beast mode again, unstoppable. I thought Richardson was a 100x better than previously. Both centre backs were rock solid, as were Cleverley and Delph in midfield.

As good a result as the QPR one was bad and 4 points over the two is a very good return. Not his biggest fan by any stretch but credit to Sherwood today on two counts. He sent them out to do a job that paid off and he didn't make the fixture about himself as I feared he might.

Excellent result.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Get. In.

Good team win, although Spurs were really quite terrible. Even Kane sucked today. They are a really unlikeable group of players, so **** them, and Porkachino and Levy.

Massive 3 points, although the Baggies show just how completely useless they are by letting Leicester win that.

Sanchez suspended, injuries all over the place. Maybe Gil win finally get a game!

Still work to do, hopefully the Cup game doesn't sidetrack our primary objective.

Benteke MOTM, great goal.

Delph excellent, Vlaar very good, nobody had a bad game today.

UTV

Was Sanchez's really worth a yellow? Looked like a foul all day long but there was nothing dangerous or malicious about it. The trailing leg tripped the player up and there was no studs up so not sure why Probert gave him the 2nd yellow.

Unless he's bent.

Cleverley has become a very important player for us.

can't agree more

btw did Sanchez get a second yellow or straight red?

Second yellow from a shit official

• Like 1

After the confusion and mixed emotions which came with the QPR result this feels great!

still baffled by that refereeing performance.. great result, great day overall.. delighted Tim got one up on his old club...bring on the scousers

Looked a straight red to me. There was so much going on though I'm not sure. Clarke going off was a blessing him and Vlar don't work.

it says second yellow on the Beeb, so that should mean one match ban.

Still not convinced by Richardson although you could tell he was trying his hardest, even when he made good sliding tackles the ball rebounding back of the spurs player and put them clean through.

hope Gabby and Clark aren't crocked.

Tottingham never looked like scoring, but that didn't mean it wasn't about to happen. Rates 2nd to the WBA win, but only just. Shouted YES like a nutter, shouted it 7 times in a row whilst weeing 5 mins later. Sunderland DOOMED!

Looked a straight red to me. There was so much going on though I'm not sure. Clarke going off was a blessing him and Vlar don't work.

Yeah I didn't see the yellow come out. Maybe we can appeal it then?

Baker and Vlaar do seem to be best together.

Â