The return of Safe Standing Issue

ianrobo1

Do you believe in safe standing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in safe standing

• Yes
    • No

Well its against the law isnt it? So a bit stupid really.

Homosexuality was against the law once upon a time.

I have always advocated that if you prove it is safe then it should be allowed. Safe standing in mean of course not Homosexuality, before you pedantic types jump in.

Well its against the law isnt it? So a bit stupid really.

Oh yeah of course laws are never changed...................that's why I must have dreamt that 2 men were convicted of the murder of Stephen Lawrence a couple of weeks ago and the repeal of an 800 year old "double jeopardy" rule back in 2005 that you can't be tried for the same crime twice.

So no, it isn't a bit stupid really. Any mention of it in local & national press builds momentum. As will coverage of terraced Ibrox. It's called building momentum.

A bit obvious really............

Not for me.

I have no facts and figures to quote, no earth shattering reason for saying no other than the fact I have never really liked standing areas myself. So wouldn't want to see them back. For me they are part of yesteryear and although there are some aspects of football back then that may be good to see back, this is not one of them for me

I can't understand why anyone would vote against this. If you don't want to stand then sit elsewhere. Anything that might lower cost and improve atmosphere has to be a good thing.

Not for me.

I have no facts and figures to quote, no earth shattering reason for saying no other than the fact I have never really liked standing areas myself. So wouldn't want to see them back. For me they are part of yesteryear and although there are some aspects of football back then that may be good to see back, this is not one of them for me

each to their own, my take is it seems more natural to stand up when watching. The option of doing both is my hope. So we do do that now I guess if you can't sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up...every time a corner or run down the wing happens.

Not for me.

You wouldn't have to go in the safe standing area, you could just stay in a seating area. Each to their own, if people wnat to stand they should be allowed to.

I understand how standing can improve the atmosphere in the ground and would love to experience it at Villa Park as I never have, so I've voted Yes.

However, I can't see there being much of an atmosphere raised by having a very small section of the ground standing, and one that happens to have the worst view, in my experience anyway. Wasn't the old Holte End atmosphere created by the whole stand standing, chanting together and being able to drink?

I understand how standing can improve the atmosphere in the ground and would love to experience it at Villa Park as I never have, so I've voted Yes.

However, I can't see there being much of an atmosphere raised by having a very small section of the ground standing, and one that happens to have the worst view, in my experience anyway. Wasn't the old Holte End atmosphere created by the whole stand standing, chanting together and being able to drink?

AFAIK it wasn't generated by mass drinking on the terrace. Though I'm sure the odd fan smuggled a hip flask in back in the day.

I hate standing areas, but I won't object as long as there is still areas that have seating. However, put it in the North stand as it badly needs redeveloping anyway.

The North stand does seem the sensible idea. Personally I would like Lower Holte, although I'm not sure they would do this if it was a tester as it's quite a large area. However if true about the corner it seems like a pointlessly small area to examine how successful it would be.

I agree with everyone else in that I can't see how anyone could really be against it. It will probably be 1 area of the ground if it does happen everywhere i.e Lower Holte. I guess the only people who may have a grievance is those who are there currently and would have to move.

Make the lower holte , the lower north and the lower away area in the witton lane standing and villa park all of a sudden is a better place 8)

our standing areas would be safe as i imagine it won't be long before our crowds are under 30k on a regular basis

The people who were in the standing area at Bristol Rovers didn't make any more noise than those of us in the seated stand . I guess a momentum would build though. Personally I wouldn't want to stand at home games, as well as away, but if others do, then as long as it doesnt' affect me (which it wouldn't as I am in an Upper stand) then that's fine - as long as it IS safe.

If reasonably priced probably the one and only thing that would get me back to the Ground. People stand at evry ground, at every other event, and all over the country in all circumstances, why can't we ? Maybe then get a bit of atmosphere and also the ability to move away from any assoles......in my last year as a ST holder the prospect of sitting with the same bunch of moaning miserable so and sos put me off totally.

Technological advances in the years following this disaster will have reduced the risk to a point where this may actually have legs. We no longer have the hooligan element in the grounds to what it was so there is no fencing, the ticketing system is more advanced etc etc.

If there is a return I doubt some will be happy in the fact that it will not be in the same design as the old terraces we so loved but more like on the picture below. We can’t go back to the old design in my opinion as the below design would be favoured more as policing would be easier and so would the controlling of fans during the game and during an evacuation

_57439565_standing.jpg

if it can be proven to be safe and more importantly for the PL make them and the PL more money then it's likely that they will get behind this.

Away fans show that it can be safe. They don't even need to make any changes at all really. Just sell a ticket per seat as they usually do, but just have a section where standing is allowed.

A resounding yes, however, I think the powers that be will block it.

I've heard it will be in the corner between the Trinity and North. Personally, I would have thought the most obvious would be to rip out the seats in the Lower North and put it there.

Or, is this part of the "new" stand ?

Make the lower holte , the lower north and the lower away area in the witton lane standing and villa park all of a sudden is a better place 8)

our standing areas would be safe as i imagine it won't be long before our crowds are under 30k on a regular basis

Sorry, but no one is standing on me !!!! :D

Â