The return of Safe Standing Issue

ianrobo1

Do you believe in safe standing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in safe standing

• Yes
    • No

I think there would be controversy if Everton of all clubs were to be the one to bring back standing and the local plod would probably veto it if possible.

and Norwich City. They fill out the most in the Championship (just ahead of Cardiff coincidentally). They average 24k in a 26k stadium. Derby isn't a bad shout either. Average 29k in a 33k ground.

and Norwich City. They fill out the most in the Championship (just ahead of Cardiff coincidentally). They average 24k in a 26k stadium. Derby isn't a bad shout either. Average 29k in a 33k ground.

neither have standing though, which is the slight catch Bri !!

My major concern is, if it does come back, what happens the first time someone gets hurt?

Oh no doubt they'll make excuses about not being able to buy tickets and the gate was there for the jumping and y'know, kee-alm down, youda done it too likhe.

WOul dbe all for it to improve the atmosphere, but would it be safe?

Probably would be safe. But I can't see it happening. HIllsborough et al have set an example and if standing was brought back and something like that happened again it would be inforgiveable.

WOul dbe all for it to improve the atmosphere, but would it be safe?

Probably would be safe. But I can't see it happening. HIllsborough et al have set an example and if standing was brought back and something like that happened again it would be inforgiveable.

Well it's safe in the lower leagues. So why not in the Prem? Just because of the size of the crowd?

I'd like them to bring it back as an option as it should mean cheaper ticket prices. But I can't see it ever happening because as you say, if it happened again there'd be hell to pay.

I've been standing in a seated area for as long as I'v been going to football matches. Supporting my team sitting down is something I find very difficult to do, personally.

I'm all for safe standing. On a terraced stand or in a seated area, I've never never felt unsafe standing up.

Ben, hillsborough was caused by fences not terracing

I mean magie being on the top tier of the holte and a fire broke out, there are not a lot of escape choices are there ?

I know that but the terracing and the sheer number of fans contributed.

I'm sure safe standing would be, hence the name, safe. But if anything like hillsborough or Valley Parade (even though that was nothing to do with terracing) happened again, do you not think the scapegoat in the whole thing would be the reintroduction of terracing.

This isn't a reason I don't want it done. I'd be all for it. This is a reason why I can't see one of the powers that be taking a punt and backing it, because if something goes wrong they'll get the blame.

I would love it if terracing came back.

Kids today havent seen football. You havent seen football if you've never seen it from a swaying terrace. Not the same from a seat.

Indeed. As a small child, you get a much better view of the game staring at some big dudes back .....

can't see many advantages of standing for small kids. Fine for tall adults without lower back problems though .....

Â