The return of Safe Standing Issue

ianrobo1

Do you believe in safe standing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in safe standing

• Yes
    • No

Yeah that would be a great idea if we were playing well and people would want to come and watch the garbage that is currently being displayed under McLeish, i like it if it doesn't cost too much money because we really could do with some re investment On the pitch, too get the crowds back. what are the average crowds at VP? when compared to the size of our stadium already. they are just desperate to get the crowds back and its not going to happen with McLeish and that dire thing he calls Football.

Imagine this happening for real. Knock down the North Stand and build a humungous new 15-20k terrace

Charge a tenner and it'd be packed every week

Those who still want to sit have three stands to choose from

I cant understand to the objections for safe standing. Its been proven to work. Personally I wouldn't be that bothered whether I had a seat or was in a safe standing area after all its not to different to being at an away game.

At the end of the day it will be nothing like the old terracing - thats where the real fun happened but unfortunately I don't think they will ever allow the modern ground to have terracing and thus you will never create the atmosphere that we had in those day

Why would people be against this? The majority of the ground would still be seated, so just sit there.

Anyway, imagine the North Stand being renovated, filling in the corners on that side; then the whole of the lower Holte turned into a standing area. The capacity would surely be over 65k. We wouldn't fill it in the current regime but hey, it would look tremendous!

Hilarious tbh

Think the club should be diverting their resources into creating an entertaining product on the pitch before they even think about standing area's

Dwindling attendances this season that will continue to get smaller should the same old turgid shit being played week in and week out continue

Seats or standing area's are useless if you do not have "bums" to fill them.

Perhaps the board should wait till the end of the season for such discussions considering the championship may have different policies on standing area's to that of the premier league

If anything sleeping area's should be introduced for those like myself falling asleep during matches

sleeping area pmsl. they could call it the mcleish zone

Great to hear that the club are backing this. Another lad and I raised this at one of the past supporter consultation meetings and it's something the fans have wanted for some time.

It'd be absolutely fantastic to have terracing back at VP, seats are a proven liability to your legs whenever we score, safe standing is surely going to involve a lot less pain!

I regularly go to matches at the Tigers stadium, and those of you that know there is quite an old stand where half of it is standing. It's a great asset and the atmosphere in the Crumbie is half of what makes the whole Welford Road experience second to none in the Guinness premiership. If done to look modern and appealing, this standing area could generate quite a buzz I reckon.

It really is a bizarre situation that in some sports standing is safe. It's either safe or it isn't.

It's safe when done correctly and there is no doubt about that. Look at the Bundesliga and it proves that standing works.

I have no idea why any football supporters would be against a standing area to be honest...

We really are being treated like idiots, those comments from the PL and Govt are a disgrace.

1. It wasn't Hillsboro that brought in seats - the Clubs wanted it for ages, simply because they could charge more. Hillsboro just gave them the reason to do it.

2. What does the Minister mean when he says at the first accident he would be strung up ? There are 3000 deaths a year on the roads and the transport Minister isn't strung up. there are - the normal rate of - accidents at Pop Concerts, Formula 1, Test Match Cricket, Glastonbury, etc etc, but no-one insists these events should be all seating. No-one insists the Tube should be all seating, we regularly runs Trains which have people sat in corridors and stood in aisles and luggage racks. AND to top it all, what about the huge amount of standing that already goes in Grounds - seen Man U recently, or Chelsea in the CL ?

We really should be up in arms at the garbage they are talking.

Â