Pick your Villa song for Villa at FA Cup Semi Final

Villan4Life

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4624745,00.html

Can listen to each track on the link

Villa are offering fans the chance to select our claret and blue music for the FA Cup semi-final.

We face Liverpool in the showpiece last four encounter at Wembley on Sunday April 19, with the game kicking off at 3pm.

The Reds defeated Blackburn to progress in a replay while we managed to get past the challenge of West Brom.

As part of the matchday offerings, the FA have asked us to choose a song to play on the day of the semi-final.

So what we've decided is to give you, our supporters, the opportunity to pick which track you want to hear most on the day.

There is an eclectic mix, all with a real claret and blue favour:

0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgParanoid (Black Sabbath) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgWe Will Rock You (Queen) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgTheme from an Unmade Silent Movie (Norman "Hurricane" Smith) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgAston Villa That's Who (The Villa Decree) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgHi Ho Silver Lining (Jeff Beck) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgEscape (Craig Armstrong) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgOh to be a Villan (Gary Nock) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgGhost Riders in the Sky (Johnny Cash) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgThe Bells are ringing for the Claret and Blue (Fans/Club remix) 
0,,10265~8425500,00.jpgVilla You're the One (Paradise Forum)

You can vote on which one you want by selecting below.

Each song comes with the option to listen to the track.

Ghost Riders in the Sky would be alright if everyone sang the chorus at the same speed as the original, but the fans sing it a lot faster so it'd just sound rubbish.

Hi Ho (ASTON VILLA) sounds good. For one line. I doubt anyone knows the words to the entire song.

The fan songs are all wank. I think Theme From an Unmade Silent Movie is the best option because it's an instrumental. Either that or Black Sabbath. But let's be honest, it won't even make the TV coverage. 

"We know Liverpool have a song but we don't. Just play whatever." That should have been the club's response. The FA clearly only want this to happen because YNWA makes for good TV. Liverpool fans would have sang it anyway, and we have our own chants, so this kind of gimmick really pisses me off.

Edited by Ooh-Ah

I've voted for 'Oh to be a Villan'

I must admit, when I first listened to that, I expected to hate it. I didn't. Even quite like it now.

I'm with Mooney though, I vote for Spizz!  Even though he's not listed.  

Well I hadn't been paying any attention to this and it turns out we'll be playing 'Aston Villa that's who', a song I'd never heard before. 

Having heard now it I feel culpable for not voting, it's humiliatingly bad, especially if it's supposed to be our version of YNWA. Hopefully we can drown it out on Sunday with some actual chants. 

Seriously who votes for that?

Well I hadn't been paying any attention to this and it turns out we'll be playing 'Aston Villa that's who', a song I'd never heard before. 

Having heard now it I feel culpable for not voting, it's humiliatingly bad, especially if it's supposed to be our version of YNWA. Hopefully we can drown it out on Sunday with some actual chants. 

well that's the whole weekend ruined.

Faulkner out

• Like 1

Seeing as you could seemingly vote as many times as you wanted - probably just the bloke who wrote it, a million times.

dire.

Edited by villanmac

It's not as awful as I thought it would be, to be fair. It's pretty bad, but then most songs involving football are.

If we get to the final, I think the club should go old school, and record a Cup Final song with the players!

• Like 1

I quite like the song, but I don't really want it played at Wembley, especially as most fans don't know it.

Actually, come to think of it, I couldn't give a toss. If we win they can play the Steptoe and Son theme tune for all I care.

• Like 1

Â