• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Thought Sherwood's tactics were a bit lacking. We failed to deal with QPR's switch to 3-5-2 after the break and that's what stuffed us really. 

^^^ THIS ^^^

That's all it was - good tactical change by a smart coach who I hope will be at Villa next season with Timothy !

• Like 1

Thought Sherwood's tactics were a bit lacking. We failed to deal with QPR's switch to 3-5-2 after the break and that's what stuffed us really.

^^^ THIS ^^^

That's all it was - good tactical change by a smart coach who I hope will be at Villa next season with Timothy !

^^^ THIS ^^^

I agree with this. Quality observation. Leave Sherwood alone as he is clearing up a mess with none of his on players.

#own players

For me Tims tactics were fine. Yes, the QPR manager changed the tactics - due to the fact we were KICKING THEIR BUTTS!

We shouldn't change our tactics just because they do.

They came a bit more into the game- nothing more than that. We got tired, especially Gabby and Grealish were tired second half.

We didn't win because the defending at times was bad! Nothing to do with tactics.

They came a bit more into the game- nothing more than that. We got tired, especially Gabby and Grealish were tired second half.

We didn't win because the defending at times was bad! Nothing to do with tactics.

Erm, yes we absolutely should if it means they're suddenly coming back into the game.

I agree that defending was mainly to blame for not getting the win. But if the opposing manager changes tactics and they're suddenly better than us then we shoul dbe looking to adjust to counter that

For me Tims tactics were fine. Yes, the QPR manager changed the tactics - due to the fact we were KICKING THEIR BUTTS!

What?

So a team goes 5 in the middle and they are clearly dominating the midfield now and we should just stick it out and not change?

Odd comment.

What?

So a team goes 5 in the middle and they are clearly dominating the midfield now and we should just stick it out and not change?

Odd comment.

It's not an odd comment.

Qpr we're not dominating the midfield!

They made a change to make them more defensively robust.

Who would you have taken off. Benteke? Gabby?

Would you have switched to 3-5-2?

Why would you want to do that.

You wouldn't-we were dominating the game.

The defending was poor. That's why we didn't win.

I'd have probably sacrificed Gabby for another midfielder and gone 3 in the middle and tried to hit them on the break when they inevitably had to come out and attack.

That way we'd have them matched in midfield and they'd be using 3 CBs to mark one striker, meaning we'd be able to work a man over on the flanks.

I find the suggestion of just doing nothing when the opposition changes something and takes control of the game quite startling to be honest.

Â