• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Disappointed not to get the 3 points (especially given how much we dominated and how they had so few chances) but that late equaliser could be huge. After QPR scored I said to my dad that we are 10 minutes away from dead - if we had lost tonight I really couldn't have seen a way back. At least now we've got our heads above water, just.

Benteke MotM obviously.

I don't know how many were doing it but the booing of Richardson after QPR's third goal was disgraceful. Yes he was shocking and yes he should never start a game at LB again but it doesn't warrant booing one of your own players during a game.

• Like 3

Sherwood's selections and subs are going to sink us

We've scored fifteen goals with Sherwood. Benteke has 7 in 5 games. You telling me Lambert could have done better…. we'd be dead and buried by now under him. Cole came on and played well, and i must admit i was complaining when he came on but he shut me up and looked dangerous. 

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 1

Shame about the result we deserved the win, but we were let down massively by the defense. Seems like we can't do one and the other. More like one OR the other. Benteke is firing again though and Grealish played well. 

We all feel down that we got a draw, the main thing to take though is we showed fight and came back twice, QPR were on a high after last week and were never going to roll over, the second half was down to tiredness, players returning from injury or not up to match fitness having to fill in. We have to be realistic and understand our defence is makeshift and will improve as players return from injury. We will win more games this season. At this stage results are erratic and there will always be shocks, ask Man C fans about last weekend. It was a great match to watch, one we should have won, cut out the poor defending and we will be fine. I would rather be in our position than Hull, Burnley or Leicester.

Their 1st goal, it's shit from us but Sanchez leaves Phillips unmarked in order to challenge Barton, Barton is offside but doesn't touch the ball so he's judged not interfering or however the rule is worded

It's such a shit / broken rule

If Barton isn't there, stood offside, Sanchez challenges Phillips instead (I'd hope) so how can it be deemed that Barton wasn't doing anything?

Extremely frustrating results. Were the better team for the large majority of the game but we just don't know how to kill off a game.

Also Richardson was awful, offers nothing in attack and is defensively weak. 

When was the last time we won anything with Vlaar in the team - don't think he added anything what so ever to the team last night.  Clark plays better with Okore.

If we re-sign Vlaar this summer, it will be a terrible decision.  We've had one good season out of him - we should have sold him in the summer.

• Like 1

Austin should have been off for that challenge on Sanchez. Then again Benteke was offside for our 1st goal.

When they scored their 3rd it felt like the world was ending, that feeling of accepting the inevitable. A point I feel wont be enough in the grand scheme of things but it of course is better than a defeat and being in the drop zone. We can still hope the rest keep losing or do the impossible and actually pick up a few unexpected points over the next few weeks. Wont hold my breath though

I was thinking the tackle on Gabby for our second looked quite late and dangerous ... Wonder if the ref should also have taken action there ?

Austin should have been off for that challenge on Sanchez. Then again Benteke was offside for our 1st goal.

When they scored their 3rd it felt like the world was ending, that feeling of accepting the inevitable. A point I feel wont be enough in the grand scheme of things but it of course is better than a defeat and being in the drop zone. We can still hope the rest keep losing or do the impossible and actually pick up a few unexpected points over the next few weeks. Wont hold my breath though

I was thinking the tackle on Gabby for our second looked quite late and dangerous ... Wonder if the ref should also have taken action there ?

he went back and booked him after we scored

it was a horrible tackle

• Like 1

The replays I saw appeared to show Benteke onside.

When was the last time we won anything with Vlaar in the team - don't think he added anything what so ever to the team last night.  Clark plays better with Okore.

If we re-sign Vlaar this summer, it will be a terrible decision.  We've had one good season out of him - we should have sold him in the summer.

Bit of a trick question because we haven't won too many matches this season, period.

But for info it was 15 February, FA Cup, Aston Villa 2 Leicester City 1.  :D

Has to be Tekkers for MOTM, obviously, but I'd like there to be a "Junior MOTM" award as well, which I would give to Grealish. It was a real joy to see him skipping about the pitch with such enthusiasm and skill. Wish someone could persuade him to wear shinpads, though: I can see a nasty fracture coming up.

Thought Sherwood's tactics were a bit lacking. We failed to deal with QPR's switch to 3-5-2 after the break and that's what stuffed us really. On the plus side, we showed more fight in that match than we could ever have dreamed of in a whole season under Lambert.

Ref let QPR get away with too much violent play IMO.

• Like 1

Went from great result to shit back to ok. Richardson wasn't fit. Delph offered him no support. Grealish fannied out of too many challenges. Gabby and grealish had no energy around 65mins. Sanchez wants 9 secs on ball when he only got 2

Moving forward I would like to see

Guzan

Bacuna okore clark lowton

Nzogbia cleverly delph Sinclair

Gabby Beast

Are you allowed to knee the ball back to the keeper and him pick it up?

Yup

Didn't know that, well played referee (still a word removed though)

Â