• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Absolutely controlled the game in the first half but the players got sloppy with their final balls in the second and seemed to have an attitude about them that the 3 points were already in the bag.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

So Sherwood's idea of winning is down to Benteke. Just like Lambert. It failed because he did not think about organizing the rest of the team good enough. Gung ho tactics.

You think that was like watching us under Lambert \/

Words absolutely fail me.

• Like 1

Two very poor defensive sides. We really should have won that with ease, so to only get a point is gauling. Three points clear though now, and two wins (of 5 to 6 points anyway) will see us safe I think. Where they're coming from though, I've no idea! 

Terrific game and thought some of our football was outstanding.

If wed played like that all season we would be comfortably top half.

Had we a left back we had it won comfortably..Guzan had nothing to do.

Sanchez and Delph very good, Gabby beginning to work genuinely well with Benteke, and Grealish was like Messi at times.......clearly worn out when taken off.

We could easily have scored 5.

I have no time or idea what people are on about when they say Sherwood is naive - do they really think they are smarter at this game than him

We were always going to be vulnerable too, we have been in the gutter since god knows when, but that type of all round perfromance will keep us up.

Really really enjoyed that game.at last.

And three goa;s at home ...

When fdi that last happen

See, it isnt naivety, it is attacking philosophy and long may it continue.

Playing Richardson at left back when Lowton is fit is incredibly naive.

This means it'll go down to the Burnley game.

Gonna have to get wins against them and West Ham, then a point from Everton or the tough away games

A rather ridiculous game, played at 90mph throughout. we needed to get a two goal cushion, but defensive weakness cost us

Guzan 6 - didn't have a huge amount to do, but had to pick ball out of net 3 times. 

Bacuna 6 - offered lots going forward, esp first half when he was given the run of the pitch. but very shaky at times in defence.

Vlaar 6 - mostly alright, distribution iffy

Clark 6 - mostly alright

Richardson 1 - got done by Phillips too many times to count. directly responsible for two of the goals conceded, hence he can add two points here to the three he cost against Stoke. should never play again unless in extreme injury crisis.

Sanchez 6 - did well for the 2nd goal. lets himself down with occasional sloppiness & faded out of game late on.

Cleverley 7 - plays better at high tempo. faded in 2nd half, but understandable as been injured

Delph 7 - so much drive & energy. on downside lost his man for first goal.

Grealish 7 - good first half, faded 2nd. the odd naive pass shows his inexperience but could be some player

Agbonlahor 6 - worked hard but didn't get much fall his way in terms of chances

Benteke 10 - superb hattrick, looked back to very best, dominated QPR defence

Disappointing performance and an average result.

It felt like Villa 3-3 Villa, because poor defending cost us dearly and Benteke dug us out again. There are positives of course but in our situation the only positive you take notice of is three points and we got one.

We've still got our heads above water, but again, defensively we let ourselves down. We have done for years. Although, in fairness you could argue that we only have one first choice defender in the team tonight and he's perhaps half fit. Sissoko , Vlaar, Senderos and Hutton all season and we are probably a good few more points better off.

Sherwood outthought tactically by Ramsey based on his half time talk. His selection of Richardson is just madness and cost us the game.

Had no faith in us winning this before the game but after watching our first half we should've been out of sight. Ramsey packed the midfield second half and nullified our creation. Once they drew level the writing was on the wall. A draw just is not good enough and we're down.

Listening to QPR fans on 5 live, talking about it being typical that Benteke is going through a lean spell, then gets a hat trick. He's got 4 in 4 before today, you thick Cockney words removed!

Edited by dAVe80

So Sherwood's idea of winning is down to Benteke. Just like Lambert. It failed because he did not think about organizing the rest of the team good enough. Gung ho tactics.

You think that was like watching us under Lambert \/

Words absolutely fail me.

No Benteke, no goals. Just like under Lambert. Read.

Why play Richardson half fit anybody could see Phillips had too much pace and skill for him.Sanchez very poor again gives ball away too easy and sadly Grealish just disnt do it for me tonight corners were very poor,was scared to have a shot and pushed off the ball too easy.We got a point and moved a place.

Positives:

-Benteke back in form

-Attacking play much better

-Stopped them winning the game and putting us right up shite creek.

Negatives:

-Painfully obvious Sherwood has no idea about tactics or organising a team. Its frustrating because we appear to have lost a manager who possibly had the tactics but couldn't motivate the players to someone who is clearly tactically naïve but is good at geeing up the boys. Once the honeymoon period is over its hard to see where Sherwood can take us to be fair.

-Scored 3 against QPR and didn't win the game - does not bode well for the future

-Our future is no clearer now than it was before the game

Id love to know what those having tantrums about Gil think he would have done better than Grealish.

Not to slaughter the lad or anything because I do like him but I think Gil would have given us more end product while looking equally as comfortable on the ball.

I am not as sure as some about tactics, I' m more about the quality of the squad and strength of character.

It's the managers responsibility to sign the right types.....I think we have too many without fight and struggle to grind out results

I think we have too many of the wrong types.

This manager has signed none on them, so I find it difficult to level any criticism his way.....particularly towards the problems I see

As Peter withe quite rightly points out giving the ball away under no pressure, like in the second half,it's sinful.

• Like 2

We need to win our 3 home games in May. At least Everton and West Ham will already be on the beach and hopefully Burnley will already be down by the time we play them. Can't see us getting anything away at Spurs, Man City and Southampton.

Id love to know what those having tantrums about Gil think he would have done better than Grealish.

No one ís throwing a tantrum. People are just questioning why he isn't in the squad when he's clearly shown enough ability.

Grealish did well,the ball seems to stick to his feet and he plays some clever passes. He's got a lot of potential, he needs to be slightly more direct and he probably should have scored. Most of our play went through him in the first half.

The more I see Stoke and Swansea comfortably mid table, playing good football and actually getting good results just depresses the hell out of me.

Whatever stat you want to look at over the last 4 years we are a bang average team, really incredibly average.

Positives:

-Benteke back in form

-Attacking play much better

-Stopped them winning the game and putting us right up shite creek.

Negatives:

-Painfully obvious Sherwood has no idea about tactics or organising a team. Its frustrating because we appear to have lost a manager who possibly had the tactics but couldn't motivate the players to someone who is clearly tactically naïve but is good at geeing up the boys. Once the honeymoon period is over its hard to see where Sherwood can take us to be fair.

-Scored 3 against QPR and didn't win the game - does not bode well for the future

-Our future is no clearer now than it was before the game

Lambert wasn't tactically aware??

Weimann and Gabby on the wing??

Cleverly attacking midfield???

He wasn't tactically aware at all.

Â