• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

The second half was abysmal, we were saved by a free kick.  Sherwood let the game get away from us and we let Qpr back into it.  How Richardson stayed on is beyond me, it was one of the worst performances I've seen from a player and I knew he was gonna cost us at least a goal. We deserve to drop down and Lerner deserves to get a hit in the pocket for taking way too many risks.  Gutted..........

Benteke MOTM

Could have nd should have won. Played some good football, especially first half, but defense was shockingly poor. Both full backs looked liability, Bacuna somewhat made up for it by being very good going forward, but Richardson was really poor.

A draw suits us more than QPR I think, but not good enough.

• Like 1

A full three points away from the releagtion line, Hull now below us and they've got Southampton, Liverpool and Arsenal coming up.

Could've been worse. Still limping to that line very slightly faster than the other shit teams.

Cissokho is a bit slow and crap at times but he is the only natural left back we have who can actually defend 

funny how Sanchez looks so much better when played in a three man midfield, even then he's still a liability at times.

Edited by VillanousOne

I was convinced beyond tame hoping that we would win that... Shame we couldn't get that win... We never make life easy for ourselves. The only positives really are that -

a) we didn't lose.

B) we came from behind twice instead; shows some character.

c) we scored the final goal i.e. we are more 'elated' for that instead of 'deflated.'

A hand shandy in the shower should see me right. 

• Like 2

Legendary stuff from Benteke, maybe life saving. That we almost lost this makes me think we will leave it til the last match against Burnley. 

I think we deserve to know why Gil has been frozen out.

Not convinced by Sherwood. 

What a game though, my heart is fluttering 

Edited by maqroll

Richardson should be banned from Villa park. He's useless. We missed an opportunity today, but positive signs. Need to get our defence healthy though.

• Like 3

Benteke MOTM, obvs.

Missed opportunity. Drawing this one is better than losing, of course, but it leaves us very dependent on other teams' results.

I thought we did well in attack, but defensively we looked poor from the beginning of the match and it cost us overall. Richardson was awful. Clark and Vlaar both solid if unspectacular. Bacuna was great, he had their left-back in his pocket, and it was a real shame to see him go off injured. Grealish was impressive but still has little naive errors that creep into his play. Cleverly has come on in leaps and bounds since Lambert left but I still don't think his play is incisive enough. Delph did some really nice work, making cutting runs and chasing down lost causes. Sanchez wasn't as involved in the game as much as I would have liked him to be, but he always wants the ball and usually does something good with it. Gabby worked hard but didn't have a stunning match.

Scoring three goals really should have been enough to win us the game, but we made some shocking defensive errors and QPR were less profligate with their chances than we were. We're not completely dead and buried yet, but any team that concedes three at home is going to be in big trouble.

• Like 1

**** appalling result against a shit team that we could and should have put away. Can that really be all it takes for an opposition manager to turn the game on its head and reduce us to lumping it with no counter reaction (and it's not the first time)?

It may yet prove that Benteke got us out of jail today but I'm worried it could be THE one we look back on and wonder what if. We're gonna have to pick up points that on paper we have little right to get now.

I think we deserve to know why Gil has been frozen out.

we scored 3 goals, unless Gil is now a left or centre back then I dont think he could make a difference

• Like 1

Delph was fantastic again tonight alont with the big man.

Sanchez always wants another half second, its something he can improve on. As for Richardson, he is not a full back.

• Like 1

Terrific game and thought some of our football was outstanding.

If wed played like that all season we would be comfortably top half.

Had we a left back we had it won comfortably..Guzan had nothing to do.

Sanchez and Delph very good, Gabby beginning to work genuinely well with Benteke, and Grealish was like Messi at times.......clearly worn out when taken off.

We could easily have scored 5.

I have no time or idea what people are on about when they say Sherwood is naive - do they really think they are smarter at this game than him

We were always going to be vulnerable too, we have been in the gutter since god knows when, but that type of all round perfromance will keep us up.

Really really enjoyed that game.at last.

And three goa;s at home ...

When fdi that last happen

See, it isnt naivety, it is attacking philosophy and long may it continue.

So Sherwood's idea of winning is down to Benteke. Just like Lambert. It failed because he did not think about organizing the rest of the team good enough. Gung ho tactics.

Â