AVR#115 an Aston Villa podcast. Villa beaten at Old Trafford, big week coming up

The_Rev

Apologies for not starting a thread for review #114, I was without internet access when it was posted and feeling rough when I got in front of a PC. Forgot to start a thread the next day.  Anyway, the new show:

APRIL 6, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 115 - Villa beaten at Old Trafford before the biggest week of the season

Seven games to go and something in the region of seven points needed to secure Aston Villa's Premier League status for another year. In this week's show Chris and Steve examine the performance in Villa's annual defeat against Manchester United at Old Trafford and look ahead to what is arguably a crucial week in deciding Villa's fate.

Villa host Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night with the Rs having been gifted an opportunity to overtake Villa with a win. Tim Sherwood and Chris Ramsey face off for the first time and Villa must find a way to stifle Charlie Austin and get their own attacking players in the groove, lest relegation become a likelihood rather than a possibility. On Saturday a trip to Tottenham Hotspur provides a chance to top up the points tally with a little something unexpected.

link to show page

link to audio

• Like 1

Depends how you spin it I guess. You can't say that losing at home to Stoke and Swansea is anything other than disappointing.

Stoke was but didn't think we were too bad against Swansea.

Think its a bit harsh to say he's not doing very well. Steve has nailed his colours to the mast early on regarding Sherwood. Really seems against giving him a chance

So winning 50% of your games is now classed as not doing very well?

That seems to set the bar high for doing well.

He's had 6 Premier League games and has won 2, lost 4.  Averaging 1 point a game. I don't think he's doing terrible, but I wouldn't say he's doing well either.

Edited by PieFacE

So winning 50% of your games is now classed as not doing very well?

That seems to set the bar high for doing well.

That's including cup games. In what way is losing at home to Swansea and Stoke and away to a Newcastle team on the beach doing well?

Cup games against premier league teams. It's still a win in a game we've played. Stoke and Newcastle weren't great but FFS look at what he's come into, its not going to be excellent every game.

I think people have made their minds up and that's that.

Cup games against premier league teams. It's still a win in a game we've played. Stoke and Newcastle weren't great but FFS look at what he's come into, its not going to be excellent every game.

I think people have made their minds up and that's that.

Sherwood has done an average job so far. Yes better than Lambert, but he was underachieving massively with the squad that he had.

Certainly hasn't done a bad job but hasn't done any better than I expected. If he keeps us up Sherwood is 100% the man to take AVFC forward

I think he's done OK. We look better, we score more and he's given us a chance of staying up.

I think it's very harsh to say he's not doing very well.

Very well compared to Lambert. But overall average

I think he's done OK. We look better, we score more and he's given us a chance of staying up.

Big improvement on Lambert, which is why I'm not sure why people are so quick to jump on him.

Big improvement on Lambert, which is why I'm not sure why people are so quick to jump on him.

I agree some people are being far too harsh. Win tomorrow and he'll have their support back.

Â