Attendance

wedge

Forget the semi-final, this is arguably the biggest game at VP in years so a WBA-esque atmosphere and full house would be ideal. I'd urge all fans who can to book their seats and roar the lads on.

This will be the last home game to help those stuck on the following. 

Tuesday 07 April 2015 (09:00): Supporters who have a 2+ game booking history for the FA Cup campaign and have attended 2+ Premier League fixtures this season.

Thursday 09 April 2015: Supporters who have attended 5+ matches in the 2014-2015 season.

Edited by Kingman

Tuesday 07 April 2015 (09:00): Supporters who have a 2+ game booking history for the FA Cup campaign and have attended 2+ Premier League fixtures this season.

Thursday 09 April 2015: Supporters who have attended 5+ matches in the 2014-2015 season.

Unfortunately it won't make a difference to the Tuesday a.m criteria as the game won't have been played.

Unfortunately it won't make a difference to the Tuesday a.m criteria as the game won't have been played.

@ 21.45pm Online it will  ;)

• Like 1

@ 21.45pm Online it will  ;)

I reckon 21.53 ;-p

Its looking like being less than 30k at the moment. As the original poster said this is a huge game for us and we need as many fans as possible inside Villa Park backing the players. I know finances are tough for some, and being a Tuesday night will make it awkward for some fans, but I'd urge any supporter debating over whether or not to go to get themselves to Villa Park tomorrow night as this club needs us. I know it is becoming tiresome battling relegation season after season but there is no time that a club needs its supporters more than when it is battling to survive. We have rarely been found wanting so lets all play our part tomorrow night.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Anyone remember the Sunderland game of a similar importance a couple of years ago? It was on TV a Monday night game and it was also bring a friend for £5, the stadium was packed and we won 6-1. Tomorrow the Holte End if upwards of £35 and we have an attendance for a must win game of nearly 30k, the club are clueless.

• Like 2

I agree the club could have put some better offers on. However there are plenty of seats available in the lower north for £22 or £12 if you are under 18. With a day to go then I doubt we'll sell anymore than another 1 or 2k. I'd imagine if the club had have known how important this game would be a couple of weeks ago then we'd have seen some better pricing offers.

I'd still urge supporters to dig deep though as games don't come much more important than this one.

North Stand always looks fairly full though as its nowhere near the same size as the Holte, the club need to be quicker to adapt to poor/low ticket sales in big games, theyre holding on to this FA Cup Semi Final, thinking it is making our season, but staying up will make it far more than a trip to Wembley.

The club should be filling the ground for this one, not for commercial reasons but to actually help the team in a massive game. As such, they should be virtually giving tickets away instead of charging a fortune ..... unbelievably clueless !!!

Anyone remember the Sunderland game of a similar importance a couple of years ago? It was on TV a Monday night game and it was also bring a friend for £5, the stadium was packed and we won 6-1. Tomorrow the Holte End if upwards of £35 and we have an attendance for a must win game of nearly 30k, the club are clueless.

Very much this, 

I said in another thread the ticket office should be playing their part with some last minute.com deals to get the place vibrating and packed to the rafters. 

Half term and all that, not rocket science is it! 

Same old Villa though, Always to late for the penny to drop!

I'm not sure this is true. The ticket will count once it is too late to return the ticket. I'm not sure when the cut off for this is, but I'd be surprised if you can return a ticket on the day the game is being played,

The club should be filling the ground for this one, not for commercial reasons but to actually help the team in a massive game. As such, they should be virtually giving tickets away instead of charging a fortune ..... unbelievably clueless !!!

Thought about going to this one but having just paid the balance on my summer holiday I am not inclined to fork out £37 to chew my finger nails.

Aren't they doing two for £30?

Asked my lad to get me two of these a couple of days back while we were away, and the offer had ran out! Ended up just getting one

We haven't sold out all season including United and West Brom in the cup and I can't see this happening for the rest of the games. The roadworks around Brum in midweek nights isn't good which doesn't help when i would guess about 70-75% off fans drive to Villa Park. Will be about 32,000 in on Tuesday.

I agree the club could have put some better offers on. ... I'd imagine if the club had have known how important this game would be a couple of weeks ago then we'd have seen some better pricing offers.

I'd still urge supporters to dig deep though as games don't come much more important than this one.

This absolutely isn't a criticism of your post, Mark, but the thing that bugs me is the bit in bold - you're right it's a very important game. The underlying thing though about "supporters being urged to dig deep" is what gets me. The thing is, the outcome of this game (and the rest this season) are make or break for the club in terms of which league we're in next year. If they stay up, then the new TV deal which is something like £11 million quid for every game shown, and £5 billion just for the domestic rights - basically a license to swim in money, and it's the fans (who have seen nothing from the TV deals and who pay the highest prices of any football league in the world) who you're urging to "dig deep". I can see why, I can see the desire to support our team and get as many people as possible in the ground to cheer them on, but it's got so distorted and misused, this "get behind the team" thing. The last TV deal the clubs could have collectively let every single fan in for free, and still had as much money as the previous deal. But of course they continued to charge 30, 40, 50+ quid for many many games, with the odd "deal" - like it's some sort of favour - for some games. It's absolutely ludicrous, they way supporters just fall for it over and over.

In an ideal world, a I said above, yep. The problem might be that they promise people who buy season tickets that they'll be better off than if they buy game by game - this means that the club can't (especially towards the end of the season) keep that promise and let people in for a sane amount on the day for late season games.

• Like 4

I agree the club could have put some better offers on. ... I'd imagine if the club had have known how important this game would be a couple of weeks ago then we'd have seen some better pricing offers.

This absolutely isn't a criticism of your post, Mark,

Pete you'll get no argument from me with your post as I agree with what you say. The emphasis should be on the club to reduce the prices to ensure a big crowd as we could look back on a poor result here and pin point it to us being relegated and ultimately costing the club millions.

The club though, like most clubs, know that the passion fans feel for their club means that thousands will pay the £30, £40+. They know you'll get muppets like me that will go come shit or shine and pay over their money regardless of what is served up and when the chips are really down encourage others to do so.

Logic tells me not to give a shit. Where Aston Villa are concerned logic goes out of the window though and my heart always rules my head. I know while there are enough supporters that think like that then the clubs will continue to charge what they do. It is a vicious circle I guess and it will take a large number of fans to say no more before anything changes. Unfortunately I can't.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Â