Easter Monday/Midweek football 6/8 April

andykeenan

said it before but with all the money they have spent only Aguero or Silva would get near a Bayern, Real, Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea or PSG of this world

That is very true. Toure maybe a year ago. Kompany when he was at his best, but the rest of them I don't rate. They really have wasted a lot of money

Toure was never on that level, a flat track bully who wasnt missed in Barcelona

ok but I think he was good enough for Juventus and PSG

Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio or Pogba are much better. Even Thiago Motta, Matuidi and Verratti offer more than him probably why they never bid for him when he didnt get his birthday cake

He's good but he's not reliably good.   Maybe that's an attitude thing now he's in his thirties and has a full collection of medals and more money in the bank than he could ever possibly spend.    

I'd sell Toure if I were Manchester City.  He'll be 32 when the window opens so there will still be some takers but his best days are probably behind him and his commitment is questionable.  Paul Pogba is probably available, there are some rumours that Barcelona are trying to get a deal done which might suit Juventus as they get another year with Pogba because of Barcelona's transfer ban but money talks and City certainly have money. 

This season he has struggled but for me he has been the best midfield player in the Premier League. One of the main reasons City won two championships. 

in the history of the prem or? Silva > Toure. Fabregas > Toure. 

Edited by gharperr

He's good but he's not reliably good. Maybe that's an attitude thing now he's in his thirties and has a full collection of medals and more money in the bank than he could ever possibly spend.

I'd sell Toure if I were Manchester City. He'll be 32 when the window opens so there will still be some takers but his best days are probably behind him and his commitment is questionable. Paul Pogba is probably available, there are some rumours that Barcelona are trying to get a deal done which might suit Juventus as they get another year with Pogba because of Barcelona's transfer ban but money talks and City certainly have money.

Aren't city somewhat shackled by FFP at the moment? I've no idea of the details but seems to be a common theme with them. Are they due to come to a point soon when then can blow a fortune again.

He's good but he's not reliably good. Maybe that's an attitude thing now he's in his thirties and has a full collection of medals and more money in the bank than he could ever possibly spend.

I'd sell Toure if I were Manchester City. He'll be 32 when the window opens so there will still be some takers but his best days are probably behind him and his commitment is questionable. Paul Pogba is probably available, there are some rumours that Barcelona are trying to get a deal done which might suit Juventus as they get another year with Pogba because of Barcelona's transfer ban but money talks and City certainly have money.

Aren't city somewhat shackled by FFP at the moment? I've no idea of the details but seems to be a common theme with them. Are they due to come to a point soon when then can blow a fortune again.

They spent £28m on Bony somehow..

Yes, but the kind of player they'd really like is in the £60m+ ballpark, and they'd probably want more than one.

They have the money but can they spend it?

This season he has struggled but for me he has been the best midfield player in the Premier League. One of the main reasons City won two championships. 

Silva is not really a midfield player is he? More a no.10 Fabregas has been away from the Premier League so during the time he was away and up to this season Toure has been the outstanding midfield player in the Premier League. 

Yes, but the kind of player they'd really like is in the £60m+ ballpark, and they'd probably want more than one.

They have the money but can they spend it?

FFP I guess. Challenging the 3 big clubs in Europe now is very very difficult even with all the money in the world. 

Matic, Ramsey, Cabaye, Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard even Scholes would all be in my team in last 3 or 4 years before Youre 

He is a football bully who has been appalling in Europe

Silva is not really a midfield player is he? More a no.10 Fabregas has been away from the Premier League so during the time he was away and up to this season Toure has been the outstanding midfield player in the Premier League. 

You mean of all time?

Please don't say you do.

The tactics have been appalling in Europe. They often played with a two in midfield. Matic and Cabaye have been better in the Premier League. Please be serious. 

When he's on form can be arsed I'd agree Paul,  the trouble is than he is clearly a lazy mercenary who only seems to show up when it suits.

For that reason I'd be inclined to agree with Zatman and suggest that he wouldn't get anywhere near the 5/6 top clubs.

You mean of all time?

Please don't say you do.

No I think over the previous 3 seasons he's been the outstanding midfield player in the Premier League.  Its easy to focus on what he doesn't do but look at what his strengths are! Awesome player at his best. 

awesome bully at his best

1 World Cup goal in 3 tournaments against mighty North Korea and 5 goals in 6 African Nations Cups(which his team usually gets to semi finals) and 3 European goals in 3 seasons

Â