Easter Monday/Midweek football 6/8 April

andykeenan

Yaya Toure is an absolute disgrace.

End of the half rather than run with the ball or break a sweat and run at people, just lashes it into row Z. Shot was never on, just a bone idle player going through the motions.

a disgrace to the club and fans. sure he will bang in a goal at home to villa or a hull but against the big boys or tough games he goes AWOL. Its as predictable as anything

Palace have been so lucky 2 years running that they've changed the manager when they looked dead and buried and the new guy clawed them out of it. Maybe next year they'll finally go.

Cracking finish that.

Yes top finish on his weaker foot.  Honestly think Palace haven't been good tonight, they have been lucky. On another night it would be 5-2 City.

Edited by PaulC

Palace have been so lucky 2 years running that they've changed the manager when they looked dead and buried and the new guy clawed them out of it. Maybe next year they'll finally go.

Cracking finish that.

Yep think they will. Pardew is an impact manager. Look what he did with Newcastle. In his first full season they came 5th. Then the next season they came 16th.

Remember when Palace came to VP before Pardew was appointed. They were dire. Had absolutely no threat going forward for the entire game (just like us). Pardew has done an incredible job.

Palace have a good squad actually, to me it's as good as the one Pardew had at Newcastle. Well drilled defence, good balance in midfield with battlers like Ledley and McArthur and great pace with Zaha and Puncheon. They had a problem upfront but Glenn Murray has made a difference since he came back from loan.

Not amazing but enough to stay up comfortably at prem level.

Remember when Palace came to VP before Pardew was appointed. They were dire. Had absolutely no threat going forward for the entire game (just like us). Pardew has done an incredible job.

Palace have a good squad actually, to me it's as good as the one Pardew had at Newcastle. Well drilled defence, good balance in midfield with battlers like Ledley and McArthur and great pace with Zaha and Puncheon. They had a problem upfront but Glenn Murray has made a difference since he came back from loan.

Will they be able to keep hold of the likes of Bolasie though? Edited by Arj Guy

Will they be able to keep hold of the likes of Bolasie though?

why not? he is a hot and cold player who can have a stormer or be anonymous. For me he is no different than N'zogbia at Wigan (same goes for Puncheon and Zaha)

Cracking finish that.

That is not luck though is it?

Two two class appointments, at the time and obviously in hindsight.

Cracking finish that.

That is not luck though is it?

Two two class appointments, at the time and obviously in hindsight.

I don't think anybody EXPECTED Pulis to do as well as he did. Similar with Pardew.

said it before but with all the money they have spent only Aguero or Silva would get near a Bayern, Real, Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea or PSG of this world

That is very true. Toure maybe a year ago. Kompany when he was at his best, but the rest of them I don't rate. They really have wasted a lot of money

Edited by PaulC

said it before but with all the money they have spent only Aguero or Silva would get near a Bayern, Real, Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea or PSG of this world

because Man City don't have that big club appeal that many of the other clubs you mentioned have.

Edited by Arj Guy

That is very true. Toure maybe a year ago. Kompany when he was at his best, but the rest of them I don't rate. They really have wasted a lot of money

Toure was never on that level, a flat track bully who wasnt missed in Barcelona

Â