Pre-Match Thread, Waiting In The Wings!

Kingman

Er, if we win this then this could more easily be a legendary season for Villa. If that happens then I hope Sherwood praises Lambert for getting to this point - easier to be magnanimous now we've beaten spuds though!

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a bit of big game experience and starts Cole for this one instead of Grealish. with Sanchez and Gabby out, I think we're looking at something like:

Given

Lowton-Vlaar-Baker-Richardson

Cleverley

Bacuna-Delph

Cole

Weimann-Benteke

Bacuna at RB and Westwood DM if he is back. hopefully Sinclair is fit for bench at least as he'd be useful option to bring on if we chasing game.

Financially I'd decided against this, and my auld man's just told me he bought us both tickets so we can see the mighty Villa at Wembley together!
Looks a weakened team, but I don't care. We have and can cause this Liverpool team problems and you know all our players will be doing everything they can to be back in time for the SF.
Just beating Liverpool, and preventing the media wankfest over Gerrard in the final (on his birthday, don't you know..) would feel like victory to me.
Feels like we're getting OUR Villa back.

UTV!

• Like 1

Looking forward to giving Stevie G some polite applause (or a chorus of we'll meet again) as he goes down the tunnel with his head in his hands for the last time having tasted a bitter defeat against the mighty Villa.

It would also help our cause and even things up a little if one or two or more of their players missed the game through suspension or injury picked up during their game on Monday. 

This really is a "must not lose" game for us!  :)  

I honestly think we have a better chance against them than blackburn. They would have come and sat back and waited for us to get at them like they did against liverpool. but the dirty scoursers will come at us and that suits us more. I cant wait for this now. I start a new job tomorrow and im more focused on this being Wembley week!

Current 90min odds:

Villa 24/5

Bindippers 1/2

Draw 13/5

Bookies really not giving us a chance, which I find strange. Sure... we haven't had a great season, but we're doing alright for ourselves at the mo :huh:

Just beating Liverpool, and preventing the media wankfest over Gerrard in the final (on his birthday, don't you know..) would feel like victory to me.

Is his birthday on the final day? I don't think I've heard a single commentator or pundit mention that 20,000 times in the last month. 

For the good of football, we must stop this from happening.