That's pretty cool...

dAVe80

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

CnOcyBUWYAENgvT.jpg

I absent-mindedly wandered into this thread and stared at that picture for a while and thought 'that's kinda cool'.  Then I looked at the thread title.  So, yeah, you win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

London is pretty cool full stop. I know some people are incredibly London averse and see why on a daily basis, the tourist traps are a nightmare. Spend some proper time there though and the city opens up and economically, culturally, architecturally and entertainment wise nowhere, and I mean nowhere, in the UK touches it. It's a liberal lefties paradise too.

I love London and not in a big headed "we're considerably better than yow" kind of way. I'm still a brummy after all. It's just brilliant. Mostly thanks to mass immigration I might add, which for the main part Londoners understand and appreciate.

Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the UK. 

which is why more than a fair few are so averse to the place...

london and the rest of us

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

London is pretty cool full stop. I know some people are incredibly London averse and see why on a daily basis, the tourist traps are a nightmare. Spend some proper time there though and the city opens up and economically, culturally, architecturally and entertainment wise nowhere, and I mean nowhere, in the UK touches it. It's a liberal lefties paradise too.

I love London and not in a big headed "we're considerably better than yow" kind of way. I'm still a brummy after all. It's just brilliant. Mostly thanks to mass immigration I might add, which for the main part Londoners understand and appreciate.

Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the UK. 

Nice place to visit. Wouldn't want to live there* though.

Pollution, congestion, property and rent prices, everything prices, no gravy, creaking tube service, endless grotty, grubby 'burbs, flat beer, spurs fans, West ham fans, Chelsea fans, and loads of miserable people.

Gimme the grim north any day.

*Bits of it are alright, but christ how expensive would it be to live in them?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

which is why more than a fair few are so averse to the place...

london and the rest of us

That's not how Londoners feel generally nor is it what I meant. Most Londoners aren't from London anyway and the majority are proud of their roots.

I'm a staunchly proud brummy for one; I just so happen to live in this really cool sandbox, free to live my life and express myself however I dare to dream. 

@blandy

It's a myth that Londoners are rude. Most of them are northern! It's a myth you can't find curry sauce or gravy. The selection of beers, flat or otherwise, blows any other town you care to name out the water. There aren't that many Spurs fans to be honest but generally they're ok. Better that than a nose. The tube is **** awesome.

Yes it's expensive, no it's not dirty, yes there are shit parts. But give me possibilities and cultural richness over guaranteed grim any day of the week. Not that I think brum is grim, I think it's got massive potential. I just wish that culturally it would catch up with the modern world faster than it is. 

I had to drive through London once.

Hipsters on foldable bikes everywhere, it was like they was dearing me to play skittles with them.

I'm joking, I couldn't get out of first gear.

• Like 2

I like London, I wish I'd moved down there in my younger days and tried to make it big in the 'City' but never did.

I'm too old for that now. Plus the property prices. Wow! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

I like London, I wish I'd moved down there in my younger days and tried to make it big in the 'City' but never did.

I'm too old for that now. Plus the property prices. Wow! 

Yeah, London rocks. I started my working career moving to London from Uni in 1994. It was just too expensive renting a room and sleeping on an old mattress in Tooting Bec. I stuck it out for a year before moving back to Bristol where I had more money in my pocket. I said I would go back but the opportunity never arrived.

My mates moved there when just as I left, and are now millionaires 20 years on, we were all the same sorts and I regret this big time as whilst things have gone well in the provinces, the streets really are paved with gold in London, few places can you leverage your ability to such great affect as London.

• Like 1

Â