• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Tough game, got dominated. Benteke played well but i felt he should have got a little bit more pumped for his goal - might have lifted the team a little. We needed cutting edge passes when we had so little possession and every pass needed to count - which they didn't today. Gil should have come on. 

I didn't expect to win today - we were away at Old Trafford against a Man U that's hit a run of form - but it would have been nice if we could have looked a little dangerous. As it was we stood off them far too much, allowed them way too much space and let them play the game the way they wanted to. On top of that we gave the ball away so much, both from throw-ins and general play. The fact that we came into things a little more in the second half brings me no comfort, because by that point Man U had worked out how little we had to offer and were taking it easy. Nice to get a consolation goal, but that's not going to keep us up.

It would be far better if we just gave them 6 points a season. When we inevitably lose, it always knocks us for six. We'll probably lose to QPR now because of this.

What a ridiculous statement. 

• Like 1

It's like Lambert never left.

The managers tactics and team selections are just woeful.

Except we've actually been scoring and played a lot better… dont be so melodramatic. 

• Like 3

Already seen on twitter "Wayne Rooney goal of the season contender"

**** off!

Goal of the season no but possibly goal of the weekend. Even thought I hate the bastard you cannot deny that It was a fantastic finish

**** off!

Goal of the season no but possibly goal of the weekend. Even thought I hate the bastard you cannot deny that It was a fantastic finish

Zamora's goal was better

**** off!

Zamora's goal was better

Haven't seen it yet.

Also What happened with that drop ball at the end. It looked like every united player was doing the sporting thing and letting it go back to Villa except Rooney who then fouled delph and got away with it.

The performance was poor today, but I think we were on a hiding to nothing given the formation and selections. I do sympathise with Sherwood having limited midfield options but starting Weimann is inexplicable really.

We always knew that the QPR game would be massive and so today hasn't really changed anything in that regard. I just hope the players turn up because our performance against them earlier in the season was embarrassing.

On the plus side, I think Clark and Okore are still looking like a decent pairing and Benteke grew into the game as it went on I thought.

Â