• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Think before you post.

150 posts in and you're already giving it the "thought police" treatment.  Calm down son.

Wow, didn't know the number of posts determined what you can and can't say.

Anyway, I've just got back in, rubbish day, rubbish performance. We looked most dangerous when playing diags to Benteke for the flick on, and getting more people around him. Felt we tried to play through the middle a little too much first half. Not one player stood out really. Pleased Benteke got on the score sheet. As we all know, Tuesday is massive.

Sherwood's refusal to play Gil is beyond me. I don't like it at all and I hope he sees sense soon.

Other than that, today was just about as expected. Would have liked to see us press slightly higher up at times, though we're probably not good enough right now and today's performance wasn't a complete disaster. Okore and Clark played well again and occassionally we looked a threat on the break. Nevertheless, QPR will be a nail biting affair and one we cannot lose.

It would be far better if we just gave them 6 points a season. When we inevitably lose, it always knocks us for six. We'll probably lose to QPR now because of this.

What a ridiculous statement. 

Especially since we drew with them earlier in the season :huh:

Think before you post.

150 posts in and you're already giving it the "thought police" treatment.  Calm down son.

It doesn't.  But being around longer means you get to know people better.  In the same way you can call your mate a muppet and he'll laugh, but say it to a stranger in a pub and it won't go down so well.

Darren is usually one of the most optimistic Villa fans going, so to jump on him for one downbeat post is uncalled for.  Someone who'd been around here longer would know that.

Anyway, back to the Villa...

• Like 1

The haves and the have nots. $150M of talent on then bench, and not a single player developed by Man U in the starting line up (1 or 2 on the bench).

We were bad, but this is the perspective. Big game midweek....

I never expect a win against ManUre.....

... but I always expect a contest - no matter who the opposition are. There was none today, spare Clark and Delph, that gave more than a single hoot.

We gave ground, we let them dwell on the ball, we zone marked sitting just outside our box, being careful not to upset them too much.

Considering our predicament, that is not acceptable.

• Like 1

Expected nothing and wasn't disappointed, apart from the 3-1 scoreline. The Benteke goal kind of teased me into thinking we might smash and grab something. Hey-ho...

QPR is massive - though one article about us on BBC website claims that we're away from home for that game. How can anybody trust anything the BBC reports? All the text-talking-tippy-tappy-tablet-touching 'meeeja' graduates rife now in the BBC? Sky is just as bad with it's totally pointless Twitter monitoring screen. Pointless television. Who cares what Joey Barton thinks of his manager's socks?

Let's go grab that win on Tuesday now y'all... sharmoan... and that's what I'm talking about...

Edited by Raver50032

Think before you post.

150 posts in and you're already giving it the "thought police" treatment. Calm down son.

It doesn't. But being around longer means you get to know people better. In the same way you can call your mate a muppet and he'll laugh, but say it to a stranger in a pub and it won't go down so well.

Darren is usually one of the most optimistic Villa fans going, so to jump on him for one downbeat post is uncalled for. Someone who'd been around here longer would know that.

Anyway, back to the Villa...

That Darren ? Pfft. Optimistic muppet

:P

• Like 1

It was a very average performance almost as if they had given up before kick off. We got what I expected nothing so I can't really complain but I'm sick of this league, the Sky money has made the game I grew up watching a predictable boring show. Okay if you support one of the 5/6 that once again are the top clubs in the Premier League but tough luck if you don't.

Tuesday is a very important game, if we can win then it will go some way to help me forget this crap for a while.

God knows what Sherwood has against Gil but I wish he would get over it.

The thing is - as a club now, we get like one big win against each top team roughly every 5 to 10 years. We had out last wn at Old Trafford in December 2009. We won't win there again for another 10 to 15 years... <maybe next year though te-he>

We ain't got the status or the players to do it any more regular. Simples \o/

Clubs like Blackburn, Stoke and even Hull occasionally give the bigger teams a good game. We do it too occasionally. It's just where we are.

First goal, utd absolutely overloaded Hutton's side when they knew he was struggling and we didn't track our runners.

Second half we sat back too much, and the second goal is all on bacuna for me, the ball comes to him where he has time and space to help us keep the ball, lowton makes a run to help him but he just played a pass to one of their centre backs, okore has to cover for lowton, and rooney and falcao have too much space in the middle.

And I really don't understand what happened for the last goal.

All the goals were preventable. The first goal Hutton could no longer move but was not replaced quickly enough. As a result he couldn't intercept the loose ball, allowing them to continue and carve out the chance to score.

For the second goal, Wayne Rooney's touch looped the ball up into the air and somehow no one challenged for the ball at all despite it hanging there for a good second or two. So Rooney obliged by walking up to it and firing a shot without any pressure.

The third goal was simply unforgivable and unbecoming of a team that is in a relegation battle. It was a drop ball and we were simply uninterested compared to Man Utd. Delph was so unbelievably nonchalant just strolling back towards goal when under pressure. Instead, it was Wayne Rooney who showed the greater determination to rob the ball back and leave the pathetic Delph in a heap on the ground. Everyone in our team was switched off and out of position. All the Man Utd players were hungry and alive and simply scored a training ground goal against joke opponents.

• Like 1

Some massive overreactions in this thread, calm down...

Here's one that's not an overreaction;

I wish Shrek would **** off and break both his legs in a granny shagging contest. Ugly scouse word removed.

We've beaten them twice in games they care about since the 1994 League Cup final.   Three times if you get desperate and want to include the league cup game in 1999 where Man Utd were trying to get knocked out so they could go to the Club World Cup instead. 

• Like 1

Â