Weekends football 3/4 April

andykeenan

crazy how good Coquelin has become. Hes been unreal for arsenal since coming back. So so good. Arsenal for 2nd :D woo

Yes Wenger has built a very strong squad. Next season title I think!

people say that every year about Arsenal, they are the best team in the league from January 1st to May and they never build on it

Yup. Same shit different year. They just can't maintain good enough form for a whole season to challenge for the title. Finishing second should be seen as a failure for Arsenal. Specially considering the prices they charge for season tickets. 

Edited by PieFacE

people say that every year about Arsenal, they are the best team in the league from January 1st to May and they never build on it

Yup. Same shit different year. They just can't maintain good enough form for a whole season to challenge for the title. Finishing second should be seen as a failure for Arsenal. Specially considering the prices they charge for season tickets. 

Really...same shit different year when the whole transfer policy has changed? They were a selling club having to buy "cheap" unknowns / youngsters. Theyre not anymore. Finishing second is really not seen as failure for a side whos been 4th for so long. Its progress. If having this transfer policy for a few more years and not winning the league...then it should be seen as failure...but not after two years when before you had to sell your best players nearly every year. Its clearly two different arsenals and wenger isnt being so naive with his tactics anymore against the bigger sides 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Really...same shit different year when the whole transfer policy has changed? They were a selling club having to buy "cheap" unknowns / youngsters. Theyre not anymore. Finishing second is really not seen as failure for a side whos been 4th for so long. Its progress. If having this transfer policy for a few more years and not winning the league...then it should be seen as failure...but not after two years when before you had to sell your best players nearly every year. Its clearly two different arsenals and wenger isnt being so naive with his tactics anymore against the bigger sides 

As I said, considering how much they charge for season tickets, finishing second is a failure. If I was an Arsenal fan, paying a crazy amount for a season ticket, more than Man City, more than Chelsea, I'd want my team to compete for the title every season. And yes, same shit different year, they're spending more money on players and still not really challenging for the title. If Chelsea win their two in hand then there's a 10 point gap. Once they put in a decent title challenge, i'll stop saying same shit different year. ;)

But i guess it's how you compare it, you view them as a top four team who are finishing second like it's an achievement. I view them as a club selling the most expensive tickets in the league and barely winning a thing, and finishing second is still winning nothing.

Just depends on your perspective. :thumb:

• Like 1

Â